Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

EVO X last of the Petrol version, new electric version

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2013, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO X last of the Petrol version, new electric version

Quote from this Web site http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/2...119-2xtq0.html
1:47pm:
Breaking News - Mitsubishi set to drop Lancer Evo

Speaking at the Tokyo motor show today, Ryugo Nakao, product planning boss for the Japanese manufacturer, says the Evolution line as we know it will stop with the 10th generation.
"We can not do both environmental protection and sports car development at the same time," he says.
"Therefore we would like to focus on the development of electric vehicles.
"Evolution 10 is the last model with petrol engine."
Nakao says an all-new, electric Evo may go on sale when the time amd technology is right. But such a car is several years away, and not an important part of current product planning.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 06:50 AM

Not sure how I feel about that move but hopefully it will turn out ok.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 06:56 AM

looks like my X got more valuable lol
Old Nov 20, 2013, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

So I take this is credible?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Abandon all hopes for a new Evo 11 guys. The news are out there... Mitsubishi is hell-bent on becoming an EV pioneer, this means, no more performance-oriented cars. Meaning no Eclipse, no Evo, no Ralliart, no Colt-RA, no nothing... I wish Mitsu good luck in these endeavors and hope they can soon double up their net income so they can (sooner than later) build a next-gen Evo. I still want a high-hp/tq hybrid Evo, as long as it drives like the current one, only faster, more fuel efficient and with a plush interior lol...

Here:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/260793/n...ralliart-hold/

And also here:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mitsubi...ould-be-hybrid

...trading in my 2011 GSR for a 2014 loaded. It's time to hold on to what's left.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well my glimmer of hope is gone now. Time to throw **** at them. I mean look at Pajero/Montero concept, its really a compromise of sporty/economic/torqueish modern SUV for late 2010's, whats wrong with utilizing 2l GDI Turbo/electro motor with 7speed auto and 4wd for a sports car, everyone does that now and they keep on bonkering about some EV philosophy. I am like lifetime fan of Mitsubishi but this politics this company has is really ****ing bull****. They **** on 2nd best company selling model(Lancer) and all of its derivates(Evo, Ralliart) for what?? eK's that are only available in Japan and grey markets, EV's that are not even viable out of California and small EU west states, for diesels that are only successful in Europe and that don't have light future with ever rising prices of eco stuff for it. And amidst all of that UK Mitsubishi chief comes to Japan to ask for more Evo's to restart the sales of the car(reminder: UK stopped selling Evo's in january due to strong yen) in UK, people who have the right money want a car like Evo and lot of people respect Mitsubishi cause of it, even with bigger losses VW made Bugatti Veyron, not to profit, but to show pinnacle of their engineering, the same way Evo should represent Mitsubishi, no matter what.
edit: This forum has around 162k members, Mitsubishi seems pretty confident that dumping that number of people for some "EV" kaizen superiory philosophy to some lemon VWs, MPS's unsatisfactory products with crappy drivetrains that are not even worth bothering.

Last edited by PZ.eu; Nov 20, 2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Great news to people like me! Electric cars are the future... they CAN be performance cars if the manufacturer wants them to, look at Tesla Model S beating out muscle cars like vipers/vettes, etc on the dragstrip (all over youtube). An AWD rally-themed Electic/PHEV Evo, that's HOT stuff!
Old Nov 21, 2013, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

The EVO is dead, long live the EVO :-(

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/m...120-2xuwc.html

Nakao-san believes it’s not possible for Mitsubishi to achieve what it wants in the sports car segment with its current electric or plug-in hybrid technology. If it does create future sports car, it will do so in-house without technology or assistance from its Renault-Nissan Alliance.

“We cannot do both environmental protection and [internal combustion-engine-only] sports car at the same time, it will take time for us to make it possible. So concentrate on PHEV and EV first, then based on this development, we will like to support the next-generation of sports car if possible.”

Last edited by netjoy; Nov 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

IMO, it is possible to develop a sustainable sports car today; there are many examples already on the road. Mitsubishi's heritage, the soul of the very company that gave us a poor-man's Porsche, now dust in the wind.

A sad moment for driving enthusiast worldwide - and a huge victory for Subaru.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Blaaaah well at least my viii won't go down in value ha
Old Nov 21, 2013, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Glimmers of hope or wishful thinking?

“Niche products within a niche manufacturer are difficult to do when you are not making money.

“There are no definite plans at the moment, but it is being discussed. We are discussing whether customers would accept a hybrid set-up within it.

“My view is they probably would. As long as it feels and drives like an Evo, it’s fine. If it can do that and have low emissions, it’s fine.”

Bradley added: “And of course one of the things people don’t first think of with a plug-in hybrid system is how quick and smooth it is, because you get all that torque from no revs. There’s no reason why you can’t extend that to a performance car.”
Old Nov 21, 2013, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by netjoy
Glimmers of hope or wishful thinking?

“Niche products within a niche manufacturer are difficult to do when you are not making money.

“There are no definite plans at the moment, but it is being discussed. We are discussing whether customers would accept a hybrid set-up within it.

“My view is they probably would. As long as it feels and drives like an Evo, it’s fine. If it can do that and have low emissions, it’s fine.”

Bradley added: “And of course one of the things people don’t first think of with a plug-in hybrid system is how quick and smooth it is, because you get all that torque from no revs. There’s no reason why you can’t extend that to a performance car.”
Didbt they say they might do this but not for a few years. Possibly!
Old Nov 21, 2013, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sad to hear.... again.

Time to mark my current blue book value. Then grab some popcorn and check it every few weeks to see when it spikes. Hopefully it stays high this time
Old Nov 21, 2013, 03:15 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
oh it's this thread again...
Old Nov 22, 2013, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

http://motoring.ninemsn.com.au/cars/...lutions-future

“We consider Evolution like Pajero,” says Ryugo Nakao, underlining the performance car’s importance in defining the company’s image. But Mitsubishi Motors Corporation’s product project and strategy chief says the company has higher priorities at present. Its Tokyo motor show concepts signal a shift in focus to renewal of MMC’s key SUVs and the development of plug-in hybrid technology.

Both are Mitsubishi strengths, says Nakao. But the company lacks the resources to simultaneously develop a sports car and eco drivetrains at the same time. “Too difficult for a company of our size,” confirms MMC president Osamu Masuko. But Masuko says there is a possibility of a replacement for the Evo X, and he has clear ideas of what it should be.

The present Lancer is too large, he thinks, so the Evo XI would be smaller.

Quick Reply: EVO X last of the Petrol version, new electric version