Notices
Discussion / Rumors The rumored Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution XI. .What have you heard? What do you think?

Will we have EVO11?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd like to see the next 370Z offered with a turbo 2.0 engine as the base model. This would broaden its market range and increase it's appeal. It's similar to the appeal of the EcoBoost Mustang, which is the best selling mustang right now.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave W.
I'd like to see the next 370Z offered with a turbo 2.0 engine as the base model. This would broaden its market range and increase it's appeal. It's similar to the appeal of the EcoBoost Mustang, which is the best selling mustang right now.

Well, I 'd go one step further than that in a turbo-4 engine be the only model offered in the next Z. Nissan and Mitsu could develop it together or Mitsu develop the heads or turbo for the existing turbo 4 they borrowed from Mercedes that is in the Q50 and put that in the next Evo.

I think we are seeing the last of the V6 powered Z's when this current model.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It has to happen; the Nissan Cheif is all about performance cars!
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
I imagine they'll keep it as mitsu evo. same profit to them, more brand as mitsu evo
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by kyoo
I imagine they'll keep it as mitsu evo. same profit to them, more brand as mitsu evo
It has such a following there's almost no chance they will switch it to something else.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:43 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
All pure speculation.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
All pure speculation.
*hands up* got me there. Just like there ever being a chance that we will see an AWD MS3.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
Well, I 'd go one step further than that in a turbo-4 engine be the only model offered in the next Z. Nissan and Mitsu could develop it together or Mitsu develop the heads or turbo for the existing turbo 4 they borrowed from Mercedes that is in the Q50 and put that in the next Evo.

I think we are seeing the last of the V6 powered Z's when this current model.
Then Mitsu could sell it as the new Starion! Just change the bumpers, trim and features like they did with the Eclipse/Talon/Laser.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thinking the EVO is dead--first 8 gens produced less thank 5k cars a year..some of the IX and certainly the X's produced more. If it was simply the following or the name then I would think Mitsu would have capitalized on that and made more money. If they do anything it will be share the engineering across the platform like everyone else has done---so you would see the same engine in the complete line of cars in different versions, as Nissan and VW has done. No more special one offs..
Old Oct 26, 2016, 05:51 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Will be interesting to see where Nissan takes Mitsubishi.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave W.
Then Mitsu could sell it as the new Starion! Just change the bumpers, trim and features like they did with the Eclipse/Talon/Laser.

That would be interesting, however I doubt it unless there was a way to make the Starion 2nd to the Z, the Nissan honchos would never let such a hallowed name in their line up be badge engineered with Mitsu. The Z could have more power and more kit and the Starion be more of a Silvia type vehicle.... but then again, the problem with the Z now is that it is gotten so expensive and complicated and the desire I think is to make it simpler, lighter and cheaper and closer to what the BRZ is.

Mitsu might become away to bring Renaults into this country, but whatever they do it'll have to be focused marketing approach rather then just sell slightly cheaper and different versions of the same cars. I would hate to see Mitsu become Nissan's KIA as they are to Hyundai.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
While I want an EVO.
I definately want it to have nothing with bloody Renault Megane or anything based on CMF-CD Renault-Nissan architecture.
Cheapened out torsion beams on the rear axle and other stuff just to keep it competitive on ever cheapened out euro market.
Lancer will prolly be Pulsar/Sentra/Megane related vehicle.
Galant will prolly be a Talisman related vehicle.
Which in all honesty is not that bad.
But when performance comes around there shouldn't be any cheapening or limitations.
They should totally pull a Subaru, and make Evolution/Ralliart a standalone. That way they can make bread and butter Lancer for masses, and make an Evo on superior platform (prolly advanced GS platform that is still in use on Mitsubishi's SUV/XUV's).
Just a food for thought.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Anything is better than the car being dead. Carlos Ghosn can figure it out, and he at least has the passion and drive to revive a car like the Evo.

Obviously the GT-R's AWD system gets the job done the way it is, but is there anything that Nissan can benefit from or utilize from anything Mitsubishi has come up with, in terms of the S-AWC (and essentially the ACD and S-AYC)?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by StreetLethal
In my opinion I think Mitsu should of kept up with the Evo 9 line. I have friends who have 10's and they always say the 9 takes the cake with looks and performance. But the 10's do ride and feel really nice. I just wish would grow a brain for us small group of enthusiast and just give us what we want The best of the 9 and 10 made into an Evo 11
I'd have to agree with you.
As long as they use more of the evo 9 body than 10.
The following users liked this post:
cerevo (Nov 7, 2016)
Old Nov 7, 2016, 04:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by C_ST_718
I'd have to agree with you.
As long as they use more of the evo 9 body than 10.

Old thread revived!
It'll likely have more of a nissan/renault look, if anything

Quick Reply: Will we have EVO11?