Will we have EVO11? - Page 6 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Future Lancer & Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Will we have EVO11?

Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:29 AM   #76

Drives: 2013 Subaru WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLevo_ View Post
The fact is... now that the evo isn't produced anymore... our cars are more rare/exclusive more then ever... and as time goes on the value on our cars will rise..the only problem is that the parts will become harder to find..😩
I sort of disagree, I think parts will be available for a long while.

Old Apr 26, 2017, 09:49 PM   #77
Silver Sponsor

Drives: 2004 Evo 8, 2006 Evo IX, 2009 GT-R

You can still get parts for the 1989 DSM 4g63 so I'm sure the X will be around for a long long time parts wise. I wouldn't worry about that.

As time goes on the X will become more popular. I am just now starting to migrate into them a lot now for example, and many other tuners will be as well that weren't before.

Its an awesome car & a great platform.
car #1: TSComp 2.4L BR Vband FF 6466 (10.26 @ 148.14 (3200lb) - E85 37psi)
car #2: 2009 GT-R FBO (10.81 @ 132.19 - 18psi / 93 octane)

- Stock Block/ECU (10.0 @ 146.11)(Scott)
- Quickest & Fastest HX40 Evo (9.73 @ 146.17) (Best MPH 148.95)(Josh)
- Highest TS FP Black 719.78WHP (Tom)
- 3425lb Evo IX 2.0L 6466 (9.86 @ 145.77)(Ronnie)

EcuTek Master Tuner for Nissan GT-R

For Scheduling Remote Tunes please visit: TSCOMPTUNED

Facebook
[email protected]

Old May 3, 2017, 08:06 AM   #78
LHP

Drives: EVOLUTION VIII, S2000, K20 Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscompusa View Post
You can still get parts for the 1989 DSM 4g63 so I'm sure the X will be around for a long long time parts wise. I wouldn't worry about that.

As time goes on the X will become more popular. I am just now starting to migrate into them a lot now for example, and many other tuners will be as well that weren't before.

Not particularly a fan of the X platform.

Old May 11, 2017, 08:39 AM   #79
Evolved Member

I suspect Mitsubishi will eventually co-develop/borrow a modular chassis with Renault to use as the next Lancer. If the economy remains strong, a range topping performance model makes sense. What better name to put on it than Evolution?

Old May 16, 2017, 02:49 PM   #80
Evolved Member

Drives: '08 WW X GSR

I hope to see a new evolution of the platform. Something more high tech though.

Old May 17, 2017, 09:08 PM   #81

Drives: 2010 Mitsubishi Evo X GSR

The evo is mitsubishi's way to break boundaries with it's performance tech and really to keep it's legacy it just has to do three things, be awd, be fun to drive (has there been an evo that wasn't?), wear the name evo.

Also, performance crossovers is becoming a thing, mitsubishi, don't you dare.

Old May 18, 2017, 11:45 PM   #82
Evolving Member

Drives: 06 AS Evo IX MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscompusa View Post

The only thing I disagree with, is that transmission parts for DSM's are getting scarce and auto is the way to go for the long haul. Thankfully, Evo 5-speeds transmissions are stronger, but I believe this will also be an inevitable fact that will happen on the Evo platform (internal transmission parts will start to dry up).

Old May 24, 2017, 01:12 PM   #83
Evolved Member

Drives: 2015 Audi S3

I think there is hope for a future Evo. Why? Mitsubishi is now under the wing of Mr. Ghosn of Renault-Nissan. If they are willing to build Z cars and GT-Rs, I'm hopeful that one day we see a new Evo... but it'll probably be electric and self-driving (cause the future).

Old May 24, 2017, 08:00 PM   #84
Evolving Member

Drives: conscientiously

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoG8r View Post
I think there is hope for a future Evo. Why? Mitsubishi is now under the wing of Mr. Ghosn of Renault-Nissan. If they are willing to build Z cars and GT-Rs, I'm hopeful that one day we see a new Evo... but it'll probably be electric and self-driving (cause the future).
I'm kind of bullish about Evo XI as well. Ghosn wants to acquire Mitsubishi, so he can make a Mitssan Evo to compete with Toyobaru's WRX, right?? Right???

Mitsubishi recently launched Eclipse Cross and they say that's only the first of many new next-gen Mitsu cars. I hope North American customers receive their cars well. I'm not worried about Evo XI being hybrid or even electric because unlikely, but I'm concerned that Evo XI will likely lose manual transmission option. Unlike Toyobaru and Honduh which still do manuals, Nissan has become very anti-manual in recent years. They have killed GT-R's manual and all manual Infiniti's.

Old Jun 26, 2017, 07:28 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueheads View Post
I sort of disagree, I think parts will be available for a long while.
I also agree with this, look at DSMs. They haven't built a "DSM" since 1999 and there are still vendors coming out with aftermarket transfercase cases like Boostin' just released, and frontline fab is getting really close releasing their ball bearing oil pump. If the market is there someone will build it.