Notices
Discussion / Rumors The rumored Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution XI. .What have you heard? What do you think?

Will we have EVO11?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by iLLevo_
The fact is... now that the evo isn't produced anymore... our cars are more rare/exclusive more then ever... and as time goes on the value on our cars will rise..the only problem is that the parts will become harder to find..😩
I sort of disagree, I think parts will be available for a long while.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 09:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
You can still get parts for the 1989 DSM 4g63 so I'm sure the X will be around for a long long time parts wise. I wouldn't worry about that.

As time goes on the X will become more popular. I am just now starting to migrate into them a lot now for example, and many other tuners will be as well that weren't before.

Its an awesome car & a great platform.
Old May 3, 2017, 08:06 AM
LHP

Originally Posted by tscompusa
You can still get parts for the 1989 DSM 4g63 so I'm sure the X will be around for a long long time parts wise. I wouldn't worry about that.

As time goes on the X will become more popular. I am just now starting to migrate into them a lot now for example, and many other tuners will be as well that weren't before.

Not particularly a fan of the X platform.
Old May 11, 2017, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
I suspect Mitsubishi will eventually co-develop/borrow a modular chassis with Renault to use as the next Lancer. If the economy remains strong, a range topping performance model makes sense. What better name to put on it than Evolution?
Old May 16, 2017, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope to see a new evolution of the platform. Something more high tech though.
Old May 17, 2017, 09:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The evo is mitsubishi's way to break boundaries with it's performance tech and really to keep it's legacy it just has to do three things, be awd, be fun to drive (has there been an evo that wasn't?), wear the name evo.

Also, performance crossovers is becoming a thing, mitsubishi, don't you dare.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa

The only thing I disagree with, is that transmission parts for DSM's are getting scarce and auto is the way to go for the long haul. Thankfully, Evo 5-speeds transmissions are stronger, but I believe this will also be an inevitable fact that will happen on the Evo platform (internal transmission parts will start to dry up).
Old May 24, 2017, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think there is hope for a future Evo. Why? Mitsubishi is now under the wing of Mr. Ghosn of Renault-Nissan. If they are willing to build Z cars and GT-Rs, I'm hopeful that one day we see a new Evo... but it'll probably be electric and self-driving (cause the future).
Old May 24, 2017, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoG8r
I think there is hope for a future Evo. Why? Mitsubishi is now under the wing of Mr. Ghosn of Renault-Nissan. If they are willing to build Z cars and GT-Rs, I'm hopeful that one day we see a new Evo... but it'll probably be electric and self-driving (cause the future).
I'm kind of bullish about Evo XI as well. Ghosn wants to acquire Mitsubishi, so he can make a Mitssan Evo to compete with Toyobaru's WRX, right?? Right???

Mitsubishi recently launched Eclipse Cross and they say that's only the first of many new next-gen Mitsu cars. I hope North American customers receive their cars well. I'm not worried about Evo XI being hybrid or even electric because unlikely, but I'm concerned that Evo XI will likely lose manual transmission option. Unlike Toyobaru and Honduh which still do manuals, Nissan has become very anti-manual in recent years. They have killed GT-R's manual and all manual Infiniti's.

Will we have EVO11?-i45fjcl.jpg
Old Jun 26, 2017, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by trueheads
I sort of disagree, I think parts will be available for a long while.
I also agree with this, look at DSMs. They haven't built a "DSM" since 1999 and there are still vendors coming out with aftermarket transfercase cases like Boostin' just released, and frontline fab is getting really close releasing their ball bearing oil pump. If the market is there someone will build it.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would be cool to have some of the GT-R tech in next evo
Old Dec 1, 2017, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I saw a link from Kelly Blue Book Today, its a concept from Tokyo Show Recently done.

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the...rt/2100004783/

Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:44 AM

Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:56 AM

Wow, looks horrible lol.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by eddogz
Wow, looks horrible lol.
Horrible is an understatement. We need to create a new word for how terrible that thing looks.

Quick Reply: Will we have EVO11?