Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

440 hp Special Edition Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2014, 06:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
440 hp Special Edition Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

http://www.torquenews.com/1084/ultra...on-x-announced

The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X is an iconic car in the UK and around the globe and it’s making a return in a big way to UK. Mitsubishi Motors UK has announced details of the 2015 Lancer Evolution X FQ-440 MR special edition model that will be ultra exclusive for performance fans in the UK. The special edition 2015 Lancer Evolution X will be built to help celebrate the company’s 40th Anniversary in the UK.

What makes this Evolution X so special? Only 40 examples will be built so this performance car will be ultra-exclusive. Lance Bradley, Managing Director for Mitsubishi Motors in the UK, said, “Mitsubishi Motors in the UK is pleased to announce that, as part of our celebrations of being 40 years in the UK, we will be producing 40 special edition Evo Xs. The Lancer Evolution has always been a halo model for Mitsubishi and this special edition is no exception. More powerful than ever before and with a very limited availability, it will be a ‘must have’ for all die-hard Evolution fans!”

More power than ever before

How much power will the new Lancer Evolution X FQ-440 MR special edition model have? Mitsubishi says the exclusive model will come with a Bespoke engine ECU re-map producing a massive 440 bhp at 6,800 rpm and 412 lb.ft at 3,100 rpm. That's a bunch of hp from the 2.0-liter turbocharged Mitsubishi engine. Only 40 UK performance fans will be able to get their hands on this 440 hp beauty. The QG5 Lancer Evolution X FQ-440 MR will be priced at 50,000 British Pounds ($82,000 US) and will likely be pushed much higher because of the demand for this special EVO X.

This special edition EVO powertrain will also come with an HKS turbo, Janspeed exhaust system with a high-flow sports catalytic convertor, 6 Speed Twin Clutch Sports Shift Transmission (SST), Janspeed intake & intercooler piping kit, Janspeed tubular manifold, and Motorsport specification high-flow fuel injectors.

The suspension also gets special upgrades. It will feature an Alcon front braking system with 6 pot mono-block front calipers with floating disc and bell assembly, Alcon rear caliper with floating disc and bell assembly, Front suspension lowered by 35mm, Rear suspension lowered by 30mm, Eibach coil springs, and Super-All Wheel Control (S-AWC) with full time 4WD system.
- See more at: http://www.torquenews.com/1084/ultra....vjADb08q.dpuf

The exterior will get special treatments to set this special edition EVO X apart. It will feature Forged 18” BBS alloy wheels, Bi-xenon headlights with adaptive front-lighting system (AFS), Front fog lamps and PIAA motorsport silicone windscreen wiper blades.
The cabin gets a Keyless Operation System (KOS) with push button start, CAT 1 approved alarm immobiliser, Recaro branded leather bucket seats, Rockford Fosgate premium audio with SD card based music server, 8 speakers plus subwoofer.
This Lancer Evolution X FQ-440 MR special edition model also comes with high-tech upgrades. It features a leather sports steering wheel with audio and cruise controls, SD Card based Navigation system with 7-inch LCD touch screen, Airbags – dual front, side, curtain and driver’s knee SRS airbags, Bluetooth handsfree system with music streaming and High contrast LCD Display.
Special On-board diagnostic (OBD) system
Another cool feature on this EVO will be the data recorder which is connected through the On-board diagnostic (OBD) system. This will record details like driving style, performance, vehicle diagnostics, and present location. Details of the data will be available to both CCC and the registered owner of the vehicle. This service comes with a three year subscription and is included in the vehicle price.
The 2015 Lancer Evolution X FQ-440 MR special edition will only be available in one color, a special edition Frost White. If you want one of these ultra-exclusive 2015 Lancer Evolution X FQ-440 MR special edition 40th Anniversary models, you better get your order in quickly. They will likely be snatched up quickly, because this Lancer EVO will be fast and in high demand.
- See more at: http://www.torquenews.com/1084/ultra....vjADb08q.dpuf

Last edited by Tampavw; Jun 10, 2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
yes I know, Special Edition...but 82K? rather have a GTR.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It says it's going to have 410 tq. But isn't it unanimous that over 400 is pushing stock block?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by A Furr
It says it's going to have 410 tq. But isn't it unanimous that over 400 is pushing stock block?
No, the engine can handle it. The MR SST transmission can't. Without reading the specs I'm going to assume they're modifying the transmission to support that extra power.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Remember it's 410 torque at the flywheel which is really only around 340 wtq on the typical dynojet. About 350-400 wtq on a Dynojet is about the limits of the stock clutchpacks long term, the higher you go, the more you have to fool the ECU and start playing with clutchpack upgrades.

Figure performance will be around 11.9 @ 114 mph assuming 3600 lbs weight but likely all those options are going to make it heavier. You can get similar 1/4 mile performance with bolt on's and a inexpensive 20g compressor upgrade as I've proven but it would come with a few more bells and whistles that has "some" Mitsubishi warranty. I'm not sure how much a Nissan GTR costs over in the UK but likely they are at inflated prices as well. Still it will never directly compete with a GTR given that it doesn't even match a stock 2009 GTR in straight line speed.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ChipperEvo
yes I know, Special Edition...but 82K? rather have a GTR.
Do you know how much a GTR cost in the UK?
Old Jun 15, 2014, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Thedread
Over $134,000

So this Evo is $82,000 and a UK GT-R is $134,000+ so just stop with the price comparison people.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Thedread
It doesn't have to be a brand new one. would much rather have a used GTR over a new Evo MR. as much as I love my car, would never pay anything over 35K (or whatever is the comparable price over in UK) for an Evo. 440 HP at the crank can be had for much cheaper. if you are willing to pay that, more power to you.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Bah, i would just continue to build mine i will surpass 400 with a turbo upgrade anyway.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Lmao for 82k I will build a Evo 9 & 10 both 800+ hp
Old Jun 20, 2014, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
with E85.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

What upgrades does the uS spec evo X GSR and MR needs to be in fq 440 range?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by si_to_evo
What upgrades does the uS spec evo X GSR and MR needs to be in fq 440 range?
Full bolt-ons for the stock turbo would get you there if dialed in but if you want to bury it even just an FP Green or MHI turbo would do the trick.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hiboost
Full bolt-ons for the stock turbo would get you there if dialed in but if you want to bury it even just an FP Green or MHI turbo would do the trick.
You mean with the tune? Also only GSR I am guessing no MR?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 09:44 PM

I want one

Quick Reply: 440 hp Special Edition Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X