EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Future Lancer / Evo Models (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/future-lancer-evo-models-113/)
-   -   HID option on evo IX???? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/future-lancer-evo-models/136253-hid-option-evo-ix.html)

evofreak05 Apr 29, 2005 11:38 AM

HID option on evo IX????

i was planning on getting an evo IX when they come out... but i was wondering do they have an HID option by itself for the VIII.... because if they do i figure they should have the same option for the IX.... i saw in the sun, sound, and leather package you can get HID's but then i'm paying 3g's more for a bunch of stuff i don't want or that i'm going to replace anyways..... thanks for the info guys

MTMS4 Apr 29, 2005 12:19 PM

According to Mitsu's specs:
  1. HIDs are standard on the MR.
  2. Optional on the standard Evo ("GSR") as part of the Sun/Sound/Leather package (not available as a standalone option).
  3. Not available at all on the RS.

newmr Apr 29, 2005 12:25 PM

Only can get HID with SSL on a GSR. Sucks, but that's the way it is. Sorry.

Turbo-Ron May 2, 2005 08:54 PM

Just buy an MR if you really want it.

These things are thief magnets - I can do without em.

Jakeg97 May 4, 2005 10:16 PM

get it

Turbo-Ron May 5, 2005 02:06 PM

What?! :dunno:

Hkysk8r07 May 5, 2005 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo-Ron
Just buy an MR if you really want it.

These things are thief magnets - I can do without em.

i actually was friends with a kid who was stealing them from audi's, lexus' bmw's etc. but he got caught about 2 weeks ago and is being charged with a whole bunch of stuff now. he would gouge a hole in the bumper to gain access to the bracket screws etc then just pull them out. and unclip the wiring harness. in and out in 5 minutes and has about $1000 just for a set of lights :crap:

EvoLoverForever May 5, 2005 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Hkysk8r07
i actually was friends with a kid who was stealing them from audi's, lexus' bmw's etc. but he got caught about 2 weeks ago and is being charged with a whole bunch of stuff now. he would gouge a hole in the bumper to gain access to the bracket screws etc then just pull them out. and unclip the wiring harness. in and out in 5 minutes and has about $1000 just for a set of lights :crap:

damn.... and you didnt report him earlier?

Jakeg97 May 6, 2005 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Hkysk8r07
i actually was friends with a kid who was stealing them

not the kind of friends i would want to be associated with

Turbo-Ron May 6, 2005 01:02 PM

It's pretty rampant - I've heard people complain that they've lost their HIDs more than once! and although Ins covers - there is still a nasty deductable. :crap:

Jakeg97 May 7, 2005 01:49 AM

time for me to take this page from ^^^^^ ;)

Willie Dynamite May 7, 2005 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by burningmoney97
time for me to take this page from ^^^^^ ;)

Why are you doing this repeatedly?

Turbo-Ron May 7, 2005 06:31 AM

I think he needs therapy :lol:

Jakeg97 May 7, 2005 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Willie Dynamite
Why are you doing this repeatedly?

1.just to see if turbo ron will repost to get the last post in this thread as well as others.

2.cause i was bored

3.cause i was tired of seeing his name in the "last post" spot

Robert_K May 7, 2005 12:08 PM

Do the 04-05 VIII (GSR) come with the HID standard? I have an 03 VIII and it has the HIDs w/o sun/lux package.