EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Future Lancer / Evo Models (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/future-lancer-evo-models-113/)
-   -   Potential EVO X Owners (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/future-lancer-evo-models/247053-potential-evo-x-owners.html)

3000ways Jan 23, 2007 06:43 AM

Potential EVO X Owners

So what if the DSG for the EVO X actually makes the EVO a little or even a lot quicker, would anybody consider buying a EVO X with the DSG? Or would the purist in you, only accept a EVO with a Manual Transmission? Just wondering.

o2thag Jan 23, 2007 08:58 AM

Manual, even if the Evo with DSG will be quicker. I love manual, it's so much fun even though it can be a pain in the azz when you're in traffic, I still love it. I love the idea of controlling the car and not just having the computer do all the work. MANUAL FTW :D

otter Jan 23, 2007 10:17 AM

I would consider it. Depends on how it "felt" when driving.

tkklemann Jan 23, 2007 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by otter (Post 3892577)
I would consider it. Depends on how it "felt" when driving.

Agreed. It might make the EVO a "new" kind of fun...

joshesh Jan 23, 2007 11:18 AM

After a test drive I may even enjoy not having to take my hands off the steering wheel, or maybe not, we will have to see when it hits the dealers lot.

sti2evo9mr Jan 23, 2007 11:54 AM

I would only consider it if DSG is a true semi automatic gearbox.
Would it allow me to hold on to my gear without DSG upshifting by itself because it determined that was the proper gear to be in?
I'm certainly open to the idea as long as there aren't too many "safety measures" that don't allow me full control of my gear selections.

evo637 Jan 23, 2007 11:59 AM

I'll keep my 03 as a permanent track car & use the X as DD/ocassional track.. It would be great if the DSG revmatches like the ferarri..I will wait & see how things play out & not jump like I did when I bought the 03 evo

moreryce Jan 23, 2007 12:58 PM

right now from all this hype about it.. all i get is an ... eh....

lol

ill wait to see how its reviewed and knowing mitsubishi the new technology might need some work from the beggining..

puff n pass Jan 23, 2007 01:05 PM

consider it if it doesn't have the safety bs as stated above, my 01 is300 had the auto stick with the buttons on the wheel, no fun at all with all the safety stuff

space Jan 23, 2007 02:07 PM

will go manual very easily over the DSG, but would be veru keen to test drive it to see what its like. manual will win me over though.

damen Jan 23, 2007 02:43 PM

well, I'm biased because I'm planning on buying the "auto" as opposed to the manual, regardless of the performance difference.

I just dont like clutches. It's the reason my Corvette is my DD instead of my wife's Evo 9

dsycks Jan 24, 2007 05:54 PM

The VW/Audi DSG is a hoot but it's just not the same as a real stick. Folks also have lots of trouble as the DSG seems to not enjoy a lot of extra power from mods. In short the above DSG is great but it's still not for the purist. Let it grow for a few years in the pseudo performance cars and one day it will be worth for the EVO. As for now I doubt the technology is ready.

Oh yeah, it's also expensive as ballz. Lets spend that cash on something else.

FLK Jan 25, 2007 06:22 AM

The Evo X will NOT have a DSG or any twin clutch system for its gearbox. This poll is misleading.

shivaswrath Jan 25, 2007 12:29 PM

those of you that are hating on the DSG, you should drive it first, it's actually rather nice in the VW setup. . .quite addictive and responsive. . .who knows if Mitsu can match that or do better, but still, now that I live in the Northeast with traffic on I-95 the way it is, I'd switch if it was faster and/or comparable to my 5-speed!

EVOlution561 Jan 25, 2007 12:35 PM

Manual, although DSG can be very responsive.