Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

EBCS/Low Boost/WGDC Not Logging [Grimmspeed ebcs, stock turbo, stock wga, v7 SD]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2013, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBCS/Low Boost/WGDC Not Logging [Grimmspeed ebcs, stock turbo, stock wga, v7 SD]

Hello,

I have been having some trouble getting my car back into the swing of things after some revamp of parts and maintenance items. Currently, my car is stuck boosting to the wastegate spring pressure (stock 10/11psi). I have confirmed this through the vacuum line connection from WGA -> Turbo J-Pipe (Gauge shows 11psi/logs). I believe this is where my EBCS comes into play. It started to intermittently log WGDC(show 0's) and sometimes only in negative boost@WGDC100%. I also have logged my WGDC(tuned to 100%) and the car in standard vacuum setup (wga -> ebcs and j-pipe -> ebcs) will only results in 11psi and creep in the high rpms.

Car Background:
2005 8RS
Tephra v7 SD - Self tuning (94170715)
Omni Map 4bar
Spoolin SD conversion + GM IAT sensor
Stock Turbo
Stock WGA
Grimmspeed EBCS
ETS IC + Pipes (Tial Q BOV to atmos)
ETS 3" Intake
MAP O2/DP Combo Vband - Recirc
Walbro 255
Custom Testpipe
Custom 3" exhaust (replacing both with alu soon)

Now to the tune settings -
All correction is zero'd out
ie. (This is how I have the car currently tuned - WGDC 50% = 11PSI)
EBCS/Low Boost/WGDC Not Logging [Grimmspeed ebcs, stock turbo, stock wga, v7 SD]-ql5fdci.jpg

Here is a graph of the hp/tq and boost curves
(The red is before I feel the issue arose in tuning and green is current)
EBCS/Low Boost/WGDC Not Logging [Grimmspeed ebcs, stock turbo, stock wga, v7 SD]-o6irlng.jpg

I believe this sounds like the Grimmspeed EBCS is possibly going bad or is bad/not staying shut. I replaced all vacuum lines yesterday. I have also boost leak tested the car and fixed some minor pipe leaks. I used a bike pump so I feel it might not be accurate. Does anyone have any other insight on helping get my car back to full boost?

Please Help!! My end goal is to be able to baseline the boost curve and get back to tuning!
Old Aug 3, 2013, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Might sound dumb but I found out that my TPS WGDC Correction table was definitely not suppose to contain 0's. I put that back to a more aggressive setup and my boost finally was following WGDC changes in the tune settings.

Back to tuning! :P
Old Aug 3, 2013, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The only corrections you should have zero'd out is Boost Error Correction. The other tables should have been left as they were. You also need to put some values in your BDEL tables to give the ECU something to shoot for.

As a side note, personally, I prefer to use Load based tuning. It seems to be more consistent for me and behaves better with the boost error tables. That's me though. I know there are plenty of other people out there running PSI based tuning with no issues.