Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Turbo Flow rates and calibrated MAF's?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Turbo Flow rates and calibrated MAF's?

I've been getting asked a lot lately what my 20G Flow rate is, and I always say 50+ lb/min simply because the 7 blade KTS compressor has made 538whp on my old setup (reference thread link below) which means it has to flow 50+, am I wrong in assuming this?

either way I've been researching way of testing flow rate while its on the dyno, I know the stock MAF's are pretty inaccurate, and I wouldn't want to base my claims on them, but I found a company called "Pro M" that specifically makes and calibrates Mass air flow sensors for mustangs that read on a 0-5v scale and converts it to lbs/min. They calibrate them to be with in 2% tolerance and have a 30 point graph sheet to go along with every MAF they sell.

This would be a stand alone MAF, that I would have a calibrated 12v power source applied to it, and 2 calibrated Fluke Volt meters that I would be reading with to make sure my volt signal coming from the MAF is accurate. I would place this MAF pre-turbo just like OEM, and the sensor that they sell is the heated element type.

I feel as though this would be a really accurate test, and of course measuring Intake temps at the MAF as well with knowing the altitude and baro for that day. Seems a bit extreme but I like testing stuff like this and I have yet to see any actual testing on the Billet 20G wheels being sold everywhere. If any one has data that they would like to offer, please share! or any opinion or concern on my MAF setup, id like this to be 100% before I purchase any equipment

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/pr...-inside-4.html