car is rich at idle/cruise...need logs looked at...help... - Page 2 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

car is rich at idle/cruise...need logs looked at...help...

Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:56 AM   #16
Evolved Member

Drives: Evo7, Evo 8 GSR, GT-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by nor11384 View Post
On my gauge the afrs do move. It would read low 13s but itíll fluctuate. After about 40 min or so I wanna say idling they went up to 13.8 - 14.2 and jump around in that area. Itís actualky the best Iíve seen it in a while. Guys explain to me how much does the tune depend on the iat sensor? I noticed after like 20 min idling iat temp was at like 68 and temp outside was maybe in high 70s. I wiggled the connection and when I looked at the comp it had jumped up by 2 points. Also, letsgetthisdone how do I pull the rom? ecuflash right? If you tell me how Iíll do it.
Connect your laptop with tactrix cable, open ECU flash, Key on position.

Click Read from ECU . When finished, save the file as my tune.bin or any other name on the desktop. if you have the xml for it the map will show or else it wont.

Old Nov 11, 2017, 12:17 PM   #17
Evolved Member

Got it. I’ll get that for y’all later tonight. My daughters bday party today. Thank you guys.

Old Nov 11, 2017, 06:26 PM   #18
Evolved Member

here it is guys...let me know what you see...thanx...

i noticed in rom id it says its an 05 6 speed and my car is 04 5 speed...that doesnt matter right? i figured maybe previous owner bought this ecu and its not the original one...
Attached Files
File Type: bin my tune.bin (256.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by nor11384; Nov 11, 2017 at 06:36 PM.

Old Nov 11, 2017, 07:41 PM   #19

Drives: VIII MR

You're in open loop mate.

the below tables are from a base 9417 sd rom. They should look more like that, if not almost the same as that.

The rest of your rom at a glance looks fine. timing/fuel looks a bit simple... but fine.

Old Nov 11, 2017, 08:34 PM   #20
Evolved Member

wow...that sux...that’s why I like to do everything myself...wish I knew how to tune...don’t know what to do now...is the car dependent on the iat on open loop as much as closed loop? in other words can a bad iat sensor cause this if it used to run all right?

Last edited by nor11384; Nov 12, 2017 at 10:30 AM.

Old Nov 13, 2017, 09:16 AM   #21
Evolved Member

Looks like somebody was trying to experiment with open loop tables on your car.

Change the tables to the values suggested by "seeaich". Hopefully all will be good again.

Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:07 AM   #22
Evolved Member

Yeah let me try telling the tuner without him getting his panties in a bunch. All thesetuners now a days are emo like my daughter. Tell him he kept me straight open loop then I’m “telling him how’s to do this job”. I’ll tell him for sure though. Let’s see if he even answers.

Old Nov 13, 2017, 04:58 PM   #23

Drives: VIII MR

Quote:
Yeah let me try telling the tuner without him getting his panties in a bunch. All thesetuners now a days are emo like my daughter. Tell him he kept me straight open loop then Iím ďtelling him howís to do this jobĒ. Iíll tell him for sure though. Letís see if he even answers.
Firstly, sorry bro. Forgot to check in. As Mine5 said, through those values in and do some logs. Idle, light cruise and get into boost slightly. Pay attention to your wideband whilst doing so then throw up some logs for us.

Secondly, if your tuner starts acting like that you don't wanna be doing business with him, hows he going to act when/if there are more serious issues.

Old Nov 13, 2017, 05:34 PM   #24
Evolved Member

Drives: 2005 Evo 8. 2011 F150 FX4

You should just find a new tuner. The feact that he left your car in open loop and didn't explain to you the behavior it would exhibit causing you to go on a month long wild goose chase would **** me off. The car being in open loop isn't an issue, the issue is him not telling you what to expect.

I suggest going to Aaron at English Racing, very easy to work with and very good at what he does.

Old Nov 13, 2017, 07:25 PM   #25
Evolved Member

Went to see the tuner at the shop. Fuel trims weren’t reading so he gave me a used oem o2 sensor and they started reading. Car started acting normal again. I had an aftermarket o2 on there recommended on the forum as a replacement. O2 was only months old. He said oem is best not to use aftermarket. Well thank you guys at least for now it’s working and tuner was really good about the whole ordeal. I even showed him this thread and he was cool. I’ll keep you guys updated how it does. Once again thank you all. You’re awesome.

Old Nov 13, 2017, 07:59 PM   #26
EvoM Guru

Drives: a laptop connected to your ECU.

Quote:
Went to see the tuner at the shop. Fuel trims weren’t reading so he gave me a used oem o2 sensor and they started reading. Car started acting normal again. I had an aftermarket o2 on there recommended on the forum as a replacement. O2 was only months old. He said oem is best not to use aftermarket. Well thank you guys at least for now it’s working and tuner was really good about the whole ordeal. I even showed him this thread and he was cool. I’ll keep you guys updated how it does. Once again thank you all. You’re awesome.
He had to have changed the open loop tables as well.

Good news is the car is running better, and in other good news, WrongSaidFred was wrong, again...

Old Nov 13, 2017, 09:32 PM   #27
Evolved Member

well, he showed me some option that said “full time open loop” or something along the lines where you either put 0 or 1 and it was desabled. So he said it should be in closed loop? idk, after o2 it was running like it used to. Lol yeah it wasn’t fuel component related.

Old Nov 14, 2017, 09:06 AM   #28
Evolved Member

Drives: 2005 Evo 8. 2011 F150 FX4

Well, he lied to you..

Old Nov 14, 2017, 09:42 AM   #29
Evolved Member

Damn...let me see if I can post a pic of that option. It said for full time open loop setting must be at 0 or something and it wasn’t. Hmm...maybe he didn’t want to mess with it since he fixed what an earlier tuner did...

Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:13 AM   #30
Evolved Member

May be he was talking about this option but if open loop tables set as yours it will run open loop no matter what.