Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

1500 rpm rich condition

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 09:19 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by nor11384
This happens only in open loop. Closed loop it doesn’t do it. I can’t run closed loop because no matter what I do the lean tip in on take off is there and I almost got hit the other day because of it so decided to run open loop. On open loop everything is fine but I just have this little issue. I’ll check out the adjustment you made jmedina and get a longer log just cruising going through the gears.

now, I run 9417 and it seems like every time I turn on the car it does something different...I’ve heard of this happening with 9417. I was also thinking of switching to 9653 but that’s another story. Would like to get this issue sorted out.

What is your LTFT mid and what is your STFT doing when you get lean tip in on closed loop? Assuming your front 02 is in good shape, closed loop is a good tool to tell you how well your tune is dialed in. The narrowband reacts faster then a wideband, and by watching what the ECU is doing you can see how close or far off the mark you are. The problem or gotcha is that LTFT mid covers a wide area and so you really have log it and watch for when it starts to change and look at the cells above that to see what range the ecu is reacting to. The maf range is from 75 hertz to 250 in 50 hertz increments or basically everywhere you see 14.7 in the fuel map minus idle ranges. I think this is adjustable but I have never tried to. Basically you want to adjust your tune to get that as close to 0 in all ranges as you can. For me that means logging MAF hertz and rpm and raising or lowering VE at that hertz range in the Maf scaling table. I don't know what the SD analog of that would be. I would avoid making changes to the Maf comp table though. If you really want to manipulate the maf scaling you should apply the maf comp table directly to the Maf scaling table and then flatten the comp table out. Then you can just make changes directly to the scaling table. I'n SD though I would expect you would be logging MAP instead of maf hertz and adjusting ve based on rpm, Kpa. Like i said though I'm not as familiar with SD so hopefully someone else can fill in the gaps.

Last edited by Biggiesacks; Nov 15, 2018 at 10:00 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
I know with the lean tip in thing I tried everything. I even tried making map ve 1:1 and tps/Accel tables rich as hell and it would do it randomly. That’s the worst part that it’s random not consistent. For now I want to try and figure it out the open loop issue. Not home now but I’ll post logs later.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Jmedina, you did something in this rom besides changing map ve and rpm ve that fixed this issue. Actually now it goes lean instead of rich around that rpm but i can work with that. I tried to richen it up a little bit at that same rpm but through rpm ve nothing happens. Can you please tell me what you did so i dont have to go searching and compare both roms? I put your ve settings into my rom and the issue still happened. I also noticed on map ve at 70 kpa you raised it to 64 load from 60 why? I will post driving logs later with the changes.

edit - i just realized you enabled all stutter options...no way this is what fixed it...

Last edited by nor11384; Nov 16, 2018 at 03:54 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 04:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by nor11384
Jmedina, you did something in this rom besides changing map ve and rpm ve that fixed this issue. Actually now it goes lean instead of rich around that rpm but i can work with that. I tried to richen it up a little bit at that same rpm but through rpm ve nothing happens. Can you please tell me what you did so i dont have to go searching and compare both roms? I put your ve settings into my rom and the issue still happened. I also noticed on map ve at 70 kpa you raised it to 64 load from 60 why? I will post driving logs later with the changes.

edit - i just realized you enabled all stutter options...no way this is what fixed it...
I'm glad it works. Yes, I do expected you to have some lean spot but looking at the high octane map you have some room to start adding some fuel. I just reduces de VE/RPM table to have the same VE through that area. Really there isn't much change to have different values. I added some VE of the MAP/VE to see how your taking off reacts. I had to do a lot of tricks on mine to have that issue solved. I'm located in Winter Garden, FL so if you need some help, we can meet anywhere this area. I still working on mine though. Send me a PM with your email.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Ok bud, will do. Would love to meet up some time and compare notes. I dont understand why enabling all stutter fixes resolved the issue. I tried disabling the fix i was using but that didnt do it. I didnt think of that lol. Here is a log cruising like i promised. By the way, thank you. Ive been chasing this for a while.
Attached Files
File Type: csv
cruising 11-16-18.csv (727.9 KB, 0 views)
Old Nov 21, 2018, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
I was about to post something but in the end the issue is resolved. Glad to see this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Thx man. I’ll ask this question here so I don’t make a new thread. I installed a sparktech cop and car went from 11.3 at wot to 11.7 - 11.8. Can cop cause this because of better spark? Problem is I can’t richen it up because idc is at 110% in some spots ...stock injectors. Just trying to figure out if cop can cause this