Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

EVO IX fuel cut at 4800RPM consistently regardless of boost level.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
If memory serves me, unplugging the switch makes the ECU think the clutch is being pressed, which if you are setup for NLTS then that could be triggering. I would try tuning off NLTS if its enabled and also try raising the stationary rev limiter to say 7k and see how that goes.
I'll plug it back in and give her a whirl in the morning.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 05:12 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
So, the "launch control", valet mode, and rev limit are all above 4800 and still doing it. What in heck are we missing?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by kaj
So, the "launch control", valet mode, and rev limit are all above 4800 and still doing it. What in heck are we missing?
All are set to 7500. I'm not sure what it could be. I can upload my tune if that'd help. I can also do a fresh pull and give a datalog. What parameters should I grab?
Tps
Boost pressure
Airflow
Knock
Rpm
Wgdc
Air temp
Load (1 byte)
AFR map
Speed
02 feedback

Any others?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 08:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
maybe the camshaft position sensor?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by jozy
maybe the camshaft position sensor?
Sounds good. I'll do a run today and see what happens.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 04:09 PM

oops, mobile phone definitely got my quotes a bit mixed up. I'll order or see if someone has a cps i can swap over real quick for troubleshooting. With that being said I finally got some good weather and free time to do some runs. My wideband was displaying 16-17 AFR's at WOT but logs are showing it a bit lower. I'm still kinda scared to run it to a cut again. Anything look funky from the logs?
Attached Files
Old Apr 22, 2019, 06:00 PM
kaj

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Your wideband isn't logging, so it's hard to tell what's going on. If your wideband is showing 16-17 at WOT, you need to stop NOW before you break something. "Get the car tuned" would be my advice.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by kaj
Your wideband isn't logging, so it's hard to tell what's going on. If your wideband is showing 16-17 at WOT, you need to stop NOW before you break something. "Get the car tuned" would be my advice.
Wideband is super far to the right in the logs. I tried getting it tuned but no matter what the tuner did the car would go lean as stated above. Definitely at a loss. I've got a fuel pressure gauge on the way and will be ordering a bulletproof racing double pumper (2x450s) and putting in my new fuel lines(supply and return), rail, regulator, remote and local gauge. I can upload my original tune from when I went to e85 and when I got it tuned early March. Never had the issue until I moved across country (towed vehicle on flat bed trailer) and didn't have issues until after a few months following the move.

Last edited by theonlyherb; Apr 22, 2019 at 06:31 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 03:02 PM

For what it matters

For what it matters I did a little revving in the driveway and she does rev great under no load.
. Today I cut out the stock boost gauge likes and ran the pressure sensor for my AEM 50# boost gauge straight to the engine bay. I also went ahead and replaced the lines going from manifold to T, to solenoid for FPR(or whatever is bolted to the passenger side end of the intake manifold with a small electrical harness for it. Wiring comes off the main look across the intake manifold) and to the FPR. Still same issue. No problems noted with the lines or T but if anyone knows where to get a T for it super cheap that'd be awesome. I hold boost pressure when I make it but maybe it's relieving pressure from the FPR vice it seeing it and raising fuel pressure? Either way I'm stuck waiting a couple weeks for the double pumper to come in so I can put the new fuel system in. Funny how the need for a fuel pressure gage has led me down this upgrade road but I'd rather be done with it and eliminate it as a potential cause. Still hoping this is something stupid we're overlooking.

Edit. The HVAC knobs are off from when I did the boost gauge line cleanup.

Edit 2. Double pumper and gauge ordered. Now to wait

Last edited by theonlyherb; Apr 25, 2019 at 08:06 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 06:53 PM

Fuel pressure gauge is here. Still waiting on double pumper to come in but everything for the fuel pressure gauge is wired up minus power and plugging in sensor once I put the new lines, rail, and regulator in.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 09:09 PM

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
what is load hitting when it cuts? Which leads to the next question, whats your load limit set to?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 04:10 PM

Fixed!!!!

So I pulled my fuel pump out finally after getting my double pumper in the mail. Went to take my old pump out of the hanger and the hot line for the 450 was loose in the crimp. Runs perfect now. Thank you again for everyones suggestions and help.