EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   General Engine Management / Tuning Forum (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/general-engine-management-tuning-forum-129/)
-   -   Random Load Drop During Pull (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/general-engine-management-tuning-forum/732207-random-load-drop-during-pull.html)

Simon Pugmire Aug 19, 2016 06:40 AM

Random Load Drop During Pull

ok so i have been searching for this answer and cant seem to find it. When i am in the middle of a pull normally only happens in 4th or 5th gear but i will be anywhere between 4k-5k rpms and my load will just drop from high load to under 10.
Example: Load Rpm
229.2 4906.25
265.2 4937.5
285.6 4968.75
4.8 4968.75
8.4 5031.25
8.4 5031.25
303.6 5031.25

Before i put my ETS FMIC and piping on and was basically stock my car would loose all power and buck hard and popping out the exhaust. now that i have switched to speed density it doesnt force me to loose power and what not but i am still getting that load dip. doesnt make any sense. is it too much timing pulled away or too much mivec? i run max 22.8 after 200 load and starts dropping at 3500 rpm. any help would be greatly appreciated. i am running tephramod v7 speed density 88591715

edsct9a Aug 19, 2016 07:20 AM

You are probably hitting a higher load then what you can read at the moment. The stock setup on V7 is 1.2 for the multiplier, sorry I can't remember the actual name. It should be under the global fuel. With it set to 1.2 your max load you can read is 306, changing it to 1.3 will be 331.

Simon Pugmire Aug 19, 2016 09:13 AM

i am running an omni 4 bar ( just wanted to clarify that ). I just checked under fueling and didnt find anything. are you meaning the 2byte to 1byte load factor? that i did notice was 1.2. If i am planning on running much higher boost (35+) what should i be setting it to? Thanks for the help on this, it has been eating at me

edsct9a Aug 19, 2016 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Simon Pugmire (Post 11654251)
i am running an omni 4 bar ( just wanted to clarify that ). I just checked under fueling and didnt find anything. are you meaning the 2byte to 1byte load factor? that i did notice was 1.2. If i am planning on running much higher boost (35+) what should i be setting it to? Thanks for the help on this, it has been eating at me

Yes, that's the one, sorry couldn't remember the correct name. You will have to figure that out since you can have 2 cars hit the same psi but will have different loads. Whatever number you put in there is multiplied by 255. So if you put 1.3 it will be 255x1.3=331.5

Klaiceps Aug 19, 2016 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Simon Pugmire (Post 11654251)

That could be your issue right there. However before you go out and buy a new one, try doing a boost leak test first. Best to do some testing before throwing money at the problem.

Simon Pugmire Aug 19, 2016 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Klaiceps (Post 11654298)
That could be your issue right there. However before you go out and buy a new one, try doing a boost leak test first. Best to do some testing before throwing money at the problem.

this had been happening before my full ETS intake system was put on and switched to speed density. I performed a boost leak test after installing ETS setup.

I will try changing the load factor and see if that helps. i will report back after i get home from work =)

Klaiceps Aug 19, 2016 01:25 PM

What is your wideband reading when your load drops?

Simon Pugmire Aug 19, 2016 01:38 PM

when i was on stock piping with MAF it would actually cut the power with it so i was basically at idle, it was like my car quit but didnt die. With my speed density setup it did not cut the power and backfire, it pulled like it should, all parameters in my log still carried on as normal but the load dropped than started back up at 303 load. I am more than sure its going to be the load factor. Since i had a MAF before the car saw 8.4 load so the MAF probably tried to compensate which is why i would have that nasty backfire and lose power.

Simon Pugmire Aug 19, 2016 05:05 PM

ok so i did a pull and it seems as if it shifted the load. i did a pull and didnt even touch 300 load so i am guessing its better? i will have to see if it happens later down the road

evo8426 Aug 20, 2016 08:17 AM

You have to change the load factor in the tune itself and in evoscan.