Notices
Rating Summary
Options
From
Date
Positive
Excellent Parts, Installation and Tuning - Thanks!
Rating Already Submitted
Report Bad Rating
Buyer compscibOi (19)
Dec 31, 2009
compscibOi
Dec 31, 2009, 05:32 AM
I originally wanted to just get a set of cams but after thinking of all the work required, I figured it would make sense to get a few other items.

So I came up with a list:

* Forced Performance Red Turbo w/80mm housing. Ported & coated (upgraded oil lines)
* 25 PSI Wastegate Actuator
* Buschur Racing ported & coated stock Evo manifold.
* Shearers' new divorced O2 housing with W/G dump tube
* Kelford 272 Evo IX intake / exhaust cams
* Supertech dual valve springs & retainers
* PTE 850cc injectors
* New spark plugs
* Change out Oil with Amsoil 10w30
* Flush Transfer case and Transmission fluids with Amsoil
* Install ARP Headstuds

I scouted around and checked forums threads. I called and even showed up to a few locations for price quotes. Being that I was going to spend quite a bit, I wanted to be sure I was getting the bang for my buck right? The Shearer dump unit looked to be of high quality and other members with the unit had seen gains.

I was looking to buy a FPRed, but I didn't want to wait 3 months. I decided on the new 80mm housing, ported and coated turbo to move all of the air needed to make more power.

I brought the car to TTP as they had the best quote for labor and it's extremely close to my house. 10 miles to be exact. I figured since TTP had tuned my car exclusively, and Scott has always led me in the right direction for modifications and advise and I have always had a positive experience with the company.

Luis@TTP worked diligently on my car to get the massive amount of work done on the car over Thursday and Friday. Huge thanks to Luis for taking care of my car as if it was his own. Dual valve springs and retainers required a lot of work on his part and I am indebted to him for his attention to care and quality work on my Evo while at the shop. Thanks so much Luis!

Veronica@TTP kept me up to date on the status. With the excitement of upgrading, one can't be informed enough on the progress. Huge thanks to her for always keeping me in the loop on the status and calling around to many shops to try to help me locate a coupler on Friday. Thank you Veronica!

The last bit is the 80mm coupler. I would like to recommend to companies such as Forced Performance, to offer to customers what type of coupler they plan to need for the intake side as a checkout option before purchasing the turbo. Had it not been for this minute coupler, the car would probably have been tuned and running on a Friday. This is by no means a bash, but it would have helped as my car was done Friday, but sat until Tuesday night just for one coupler. Luckily Scott and TTP were able to find the reducer coupler online for me and assisted in getting this vital missing piece to the shop as quickly as possible overnight on their dime. The car was tuned Tuesday evening. I had requested the tuning be done in the later hours of the day so that I could be present. I also wanted my buddy to be able to get some video of the dyno action.

One last thanks to Mitsubishi for making such a great car and a great engine :thumbsup:

My goal was 460 before any pulls were done. After all tuning was complete the car put down 463 AWHP / 403 AWTQ. Damn close if you ask me! I believe the last dyno plot shown below shows 457AWHP / 393 AWTQ with higher smoothing factor. The car pulls very nicely and I'm extremely happy all these parts are working together for a great upgrade.

Excellent install, tuning and customer support.