Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Forced Induction kits?

Old Sep 30, 2010, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forced Induction kits?

Has anyone heard of development of a surcharges for the GTS yet? Is there anyone selling a turbo kit for the GTS besides RRM? And what's the cost of building a custom turbo kit? And are there any upgrades fot the cvt transmission yet? Would it be better to get a base lance manual or the ralliart transmission?
Old Oct 1, 2010, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

Using OEM parts, you can build a turbo kit for your car for like $2000. That's a full kit including gauges (that's what I've spent atleast). If you need any info on the parts needed, shoot me a pm. RRM I believe is the only reputable company that has build a production kit for our cars that I know of (clarify if I'm wrong). The CVT has aftermarket cooling systems. As far as a transmission, I would go for the 5-speed manual, it's your best bet for power and durability.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im confused on what you mean by ralliart transmission the ralliarts transmission is 100% diff from the ones that come in the lancer. if your looking at getting a regular lancer or a ralliart then go with the ralliart, since it already comes boosted and can hold enough hp stock to make you happy
Old Oct 1, 2010, 09:00 PM

Yeah I was looking at replacing transmission for a turbo setup... Im leaning toward a standard setup and I know that the ralliart auto is geared more aggressively for the turbo. I like the ease of the automatic and with the cvt I hate that there's no shift shock. Lol and no power on demand. I was thinking of looking into the KIA and Hyundai transmissions for there cars I would like the 6 speeds off of them. And I would love to know where you got your gauges and everything for that much.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if you have that much money, i would honestly just get another car bro. going with the SST from the ralliart alone is going to be about a 10k+ project and with all that money could have been a downpayment on a ralliart or even an evo you spend 10k on the tranny swap, another 4k on the turbo, new tires to handle the power, youll be over 15k coming up on how much you even paid for the car. so i would just get a ralliart at least.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 09:39 PM

how reliable is the RRM turbo set up? i hear that is blows engines frecuently?
Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:35 PM

i asked that same question ^^ in a different thread and everyone just started crying about how spendy RRM's kit is. lol
Old Nov 4, 2010, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

theres someone with the rrm turbo kit whos had it for over 2 years using his lancer as a dd, and it still runs great. Now for cvt, thats a different story.