Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Green_Bandit's 16g build thread

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2011, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Green_Bandit's 16g build thread

I said two days that thing will be on and me and a buddy did it in 1!

Im going to go into quite a bit more detail by kind of making this a how to and laying out facts but right now I'm dead tired and have some of the minor things to wrap up in the morning like running the O2 sensor, fitting the down pipe and stuff like that. But you better believe that hunk of metal is strapped on and fluids are back in the car!

For now just a few images to get going...

Later

Last edited by Green_Bandit; May 16, 2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Im awake now...
Old May 14, 2011, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Old May 14, 2011, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Parts list and where to get them...

This is the option I took for extending the O2

Forge Waste gate
http://www.maperformance.com/forge-a...-evo-viii.html

Where I bought the forge Waste gate for Under $200 WITH the 5-10 pound spring installed. You can also get it with the 10-15 pound spring in it for the same price

Wide band and other gauges came from here
http://prosportgauges.com/wideband-a...ratio-kit.aspx

Evoscan cable and software can be found here
http://www.evoscan.com/evoscan-gps-o...flashing-cable

Link to ECUflash 1.29a

RoadSpikes Big maps link
Parent files
How to wire AEM to ECU

Downpipe springs
http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co...olt_spring.htm
But I bought mine off of a member on Evom. Also upon further inspection your local exhaust shop should have them

oil return fittings and steel return hose.
http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...s+%26+Fittings
Fair pricing and quick shipping. Just try to order everything at once because minimum shipping charge is $11.00 even if you order a one inch flange

Oil feed Well I had one made. 4an line with 4an ends with one end at a 90 degree angle. If you want to know where I went email "Greg @ GO-AUTOWORKS.COM" GREAT customer service and quick shipping.

Oil return flange on the turbo just run a search of http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R4...All-Categories
What you need is a 10 an fitting. Should be around $11.00.

If they don’t come with the bolts you need to go some place like Tractor Supply Co and get a pack of Hd cap screws. 1.00 x 20 They fit perfect

O2 housing
If you don’t want a stock one I went with this. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GODSP...ht_3519wt_1009
Good price. It’s a little thin but more open that the stocker. Otherwise look here on Evom

Down Pipe
Do a search here for a stocker. Should be able to get it around $60-80 shipped depending

Doughnut gasket for the down pipe is $20 at Advance Auto Parts

Last edited by Green_Bandit; May 22, 2011 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Added some stuff...
Old May 15, 2011, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought the O2 sensor extender didn't work for ya??
Old May 16, 2011, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

The one I ordered didnt but they have others. The one they have for mitsubishi defiantly doesnt look like the right one. For anyone looking at those I'd call them first and try to get more information. I couldnt because I received mine with just a few days left till the build
Old May 16, 2011, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

looking good! My build starts on the 10th of next month. Going to be referring to everyones build for mine. I like the powder coated piping. And which o2 housing is that? its not a megan is it? im sure megan is 3 bolt dp flange.
Old May 16, 2011, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

The brand is god speed. Off of ebay. About 30 bucks. Nothing to write home about but better than stock.

I'm getting acquainted with ecuflash but mitsulogger has me off a bit. What exactly am I looking for with it? I'm logging and all but do I chart it with the graph option or watch the play back? What am I missing, there has to be something I'm missing.
Old May 16, 2011, 09:36 PM

Damn, 1 day, that's quick, ha ha. Some good info, thanks man, can't wait to see more.
Old May 16, 2011, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Green_Bandit
The brand is god speed. Off of ebay. About 30 bucks. Nothing to write home about but better than stock.

I'm getting acquainted with ecuflash but mitsulogger has me off a bit. What exactly am I looking for with it? I'm logging and all but do I chart it with the graph option or watch the play back? What am I missing, there has to be something I'm missing.
I would really look at buying evoscan its much easier to setup and use than mitsulogger. Which isn't a bad tool but its more geared toward someone that knows about the ECU rather than someone that doesn't.
Old May 17, 2011, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Later

this I am not liking though. the upper intercooler piping coming from the im is being pressed down by the strut bar. You do anything to combat that? I have a strut bar but its ebay and not rrm. So Im not sure if I will run into the same issue or not.
Old May 17, 2011, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by syntax182
Damn, 1 day, that's quick, ha ha. Some good info, thanks man, can't wait to see more.
Yeah, Friday not we drained the oil and took off the stock manifold. Saturday we bolted it up and all that other good stuff. Sunday cut and welded the exhaust, extended the o2, and connected some gauges and stuff. Granted though I already had my pan welded and ready to go and intercooler mounted. Im not going to front like I was superman flying around getting everything done but one weekend is all it should take if you have everything. I was turning it over about 3:30 sunday afternoon.

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
I would really look at buying evoscan its much easier to setup and use than mitsulogger. Which isn't a bad tool but its more geared toward someone that knows about the ECU rather than someone that doesn't.
Ahh, why do I keep saying Mitsulogger?! I have Evoscan. I found out some more and looks like Ill be viewing most of the data in excel which I can see better since its all compiled.

Road spike, I flashed the auto big maps to my ecu but it looks as if one of my starting points is going to be pulling timing about 8 degrees around 80-110 load since I have about 10 counts of knock around 3300 rpm. Sound like a good analysis?

Originally Posted by Jogenmaru
this I am not liking though. the upper intercooler piping coming from the im is being pressed down by the strut bar. You do anything to combat that? I have a strut bar but its ebay and not rrm. So Im not sure if I will run into the same issue or not.
Yeah, it pinches a bit. Nothing too bad though, it does help my hood to close. Not really much I can do about it. I hope yours fits better. I wont lose any sleep over that little pinch.
Old May 17, 2011, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Some more reference pics for you guys

I already had the RRM test pipe so I ended up chopping that up instead of making something new.

started about 12 inches...

Ended up shortening it to about 5 & 1/2

My oil feed. For anyone getting these fittings I had the 45 degree one but while putting it on there the 90 would be easier to work with. Not saying the 45 is jacked up in any way because mine is on there solid and straight but the 90 will give you less hassle

The oil line cam out to be about an inch shorter than this

The oil pan, we hondabonded the hell out of it.

Here is the little notch youre going to have to pry to get the pan off

You can see it a little better here...
Old May 18, 2011, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Road spike, I flashed the auto big maps to my ecu but it looks as if one of my starting points is going to be pulling timing about 8 degrees around 80-110 load since I have about 10 counts of knock around 3300 rpm. Sound like a good analysis?
To be frank I'd suspect more rattling parts and noise than actual knock in that area.

Log your knock voltage and see if on the deceleration your getting big voltage spikes. If so you got stuff rattling enough to make it believe there is real knock.
Old May 18, 2011, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
and FYI.. that was WAY to much grey silicon on ur oil pan.. If it globs into the oil pan, u could clog the oil pump.. u need a thin line, about half of what u put on there, and u spread it out slightly with a wet finger.(wet finger so it doesnt stick to you as much)
Old May 18, 2011, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Jesus thats alot of icing on your cake! mmm

Quick Reply: Green_Bandit's 16g build thread