Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Boost time 03 lancer

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 10:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jakermeister
Nice to see another build. It's also nice a few other knowledgeable folks still stick around here. Good luck with the build. If you absolutely need to have the car running you can use your stock ecu but just be sure not to go into boost. I had to do it a few times.
Thanks man! I did pretty much the cookie cutter "custom evo 16g" build lol. It runs really good, im running the tephramod v7 rom. I havent had much time to play around with it, but no knock yet and it pulls HARD at 4k rpm i love it. I still have to finish up the exhaust, going with OE piping after the hammer modded 3in downpipe. I have the e cutout and im going to try and keep the under car cat and all the rest of the exhaust for the sound reduction. But open downpipe is the best!!
Old May 9, 2017, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Looking good man. About how much power are you expecting?
Old May 9, 2017, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by SilentCool
Looking good man. About how much power are you expecting?
Im not really expecting anything crazy. Im sure im sitting at like 200whp? Im honestly just wanting a reliable daily that it quickish and fun lol. After i do some tuning and get solid base, i might take it to a pro and get it tuned see how much they can squeak out.

I am very satisfied so far, i only got to drive it like 4 times before i had to leave to balitmore. Im so ready to get back and boost some more.
Old May 16, 2017, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by 03OZstocker
Im not really expecting anything crazy. Im sure im sitting at like 200whp? Im honestly just wanting a reliable daily that it quickish and fun lol. After i do some tuning and get solid base, i might take it to a pro and get it tuned see how much they can squeak out.

I am very satisfied so far, i only got to drive it like 4 times before i had to leave to balitmore. Im so ready to get back and boost some more.
How much boost u pushing? im at 235whp/245wtrq at 12 psi peaking at 15 psi
Old May 16, 2017, 06:22 PM

I'm only pushing 8PSI for now. It feels super solid though I love it! Once I get it all finished up with the wideband and all my exhaust back on I will take it to get dyno'd and tuned by a pro.

I just bought the Wilwood BBK and the rear disc conversion off the classifieds on here. Gunna install those as well and have a whole new car lmao.
Old May 23, 2017, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah that's a safe number. I want to boost mine but tuning would be a challenge for me. I have some more research and reading to get down. How's that going for you so far?
Old May 23, 2017, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by SilentCool
Yeah that's a safe number. I want to boost mine but tuning would be a challenge for me. I have some more research and reading to get down. How's that going for you so far?

Honestly I haven't gotten any tuning done. I am using the rom that Sam Barder has on his turbo lancer. He has all the same air/fuel mods I do, and it works really well thus far. I haven't really gotten the chance to do much tuning anyway.

I feel like tuning is going to be VERY challenging as well lol. I still have some things to button up prior to being able to really get a good tune dialed in. I have to get my Boost gauge working properly and wideband installed. All part of the daily project life, but for now I am just driving very conservatively, but very loud with the open downpipe.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:09 PM

Need a little guidance guys. I have a very simple oil drain line with a regular lime 1/2 inch rubber oil line. the way the fitting is welded into the pan, it is very close to my downpipe but clears the oil line fine. But the issue is the angle the oil line from the turbo. It has to wrap around towards the front of the car and then around to the oil pan. That angle kinks off the hose to where is backs up oil into the turbo and i blow hella smoke lol.

If i buy the same diameter oil line, but the braided stainless steel lines would this eliminate the kinking affect? Also how would i secure the line? As of right now i have regular hose clamps holding the lines down. Can you use those to secure the braided stainless still lines?

If not any other solutions?

I could do AN fittings, but what is welded into the oil pan right now wont accommodate the AN fittings. Also ibwoukd have to buy the AN fitting for the oil drain off of the turbo.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Need a little guidance guys. I have a very simple oil drain line with a regular lime 1/2 inch rubber oil line. the way the fitting is welded into the pan, it is very close to my downpipe but clears the oil line fine. But the issue is the angle the oil line from the turbo. It has to wrap around towards the front of the car and then around to the oil pan. That angle kinks off the hose to where is backs up oil into the turbo and i blow hella smoke lol.

If i buy the same diameter oil line, but the braided stainless steel lines would this eliminate the kinking affect? Also how would i secure the line? As of right now i have regular hose clamps holding the lines down. Can you use those to secure the braided stainless still lines?

If not any other solutions?

I could do AN fittings, but what is welded into the oil pan right now wont accommodate the AN fittings. Also ibwoukd have to buy the AN fitting for the oil drain off of the turbo.
Take a picture so I can see what you working with.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 05:12 PM

I'm now having a positive crankcase pressure issue. Ive replaced the pcv valve, and have a cheapo oil catch can, but it has been smoking pretty decently when I hit boost @ 8-10 psi. I did fix a minor oil leak at the turbo feed location, and also made sure the oil drain wasnt kinked and flows well. Th there's also oil leakimg oit if the oil cap, i only noticed this after I had already fixed the oil leak and ensured the drain was as high a flow as possible.

What do you guys reccomend to reduce the pressure?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

I'm now having a positive crankcase pressure issue. Ive replaced the pcv valve, and have a cheapo oil catch can, but it has been smoking pretty decently when I hit boost @ 8-10 psi. I did fix a minor oil leak at the turbo feed location, and also made sure the oil drain wasnt kinked and flows well. Th there's also oil leakimg oit if the oil cap, i only noticed this after I had already fixed the oil leak and ensured the drain was as high a flow as possible.

What do you guys reccomend to reduce the pressure?
Hey good thing i came to take a look at threads..havent been around for a while....im actually working on my catchcan setup what a coincidence! if you have oil coming out of your oil cap and/or your dipstick poping out you definatly have a blowby problem. What is your catchcan setup like? Send some pics of that and maybe i can help,,,,,iv had problems on the track only with engine oil filling up my catchcan after 1-2 laps and its been hunting me for 2 years now, First i tried to weld a 5/8 fitting instead of that tiny 3/8 port on the side of the valve cover and then it was even worst! I ended up blocking that off with a vacuum nipple and got a 90deg fitting welded on top instead of the tiny 3/8 nipple where the pcv valve bolts to. I still have to try it out at the track this summer but im confident the problem will be solved...if not i will have to use an air/oil seperator setup. Also make sure your engine is healthy by doing a compression and leak down test
Old Mar 10, 2018, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by marcouxa1
Hey good thing i came to take a look at threads..havent been around for a while....im actually working on my catchcan setup what a coincidence! if you have oil coming out of your oil cap and/or your dipstick poping out you definatly have a blowby problem. What is your catchcan setup like? Send some pics of that and maybe i can help,,,,,iv had problems on the track only with engine oil filling up my catchcan after 1-2 laps and its been hunting me for 2 years now, First i tried to weld a 5/8 fitting instead of that tiny 3/8 port on the side of the valve cover and then it was even worst! I ended up blocking that off with a vacuum nipple and got a 90deg fitting welded on top instead of the tiny 3/8 nipple where the pcv valve bolts to. I still have to try it out at the track this summer but im confident the problem will be solved...if not i will have to use an air/oil seperator setup. Also make sure your engine is healthy by doing a compression and leak down test

Thats my Set up and also the oil cap leakage. Not much but still. Ive been running this oil cooler since basically 1 month after installed the turbo kit. But it has 0 oil in it.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

What u mean this oil cooler? i dont get why u get blowby if you have your catch can recirculated in your intake tube....it should be pulling vacuum to help even more in reducing blowby....i have never had any issues with blowby with my catch can on the street. i would check the compression and leakdown first
Old Apr 15, 2018, 07:40 AM

I figured out the issue of blowing smoke. This guy has a minor leak. I have another oil pan I can still and tap. This ebay is What I'm oil return is what I'm looking at buying. Which piece get screwed into the pan? The double sided blue piece? Or the silver piece in that's next to the hose?