EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-aftermarket-forced-induction-tech-57/)
-   -   Supercharger Preparation (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-aftermarket-forced-induction-tech/63355-supercharger-preparation.html)

CanLancerOZ Feb 5, 2004 04:06 PM

Supercharger Preparation

Could someone please shed some light on what sort of modifications are required or recommended before buying a supercharger kit? (specifically the RIPP kit)

fkrzo Feb 5, 2004 04:32 PM

they say you must have a header. And i would recomend an exhaust. Unless you plan on going crazy with it that should be fine.

CanLancerOZ Feb 5, 2004 07:06 PM

Does anyone know what manufactures header would work best with the RIPP kit? or if any headers don't work?

pickleknock Feb 5, 2004 07:15 PM

kamikaze would be sweet, comes with a downpipe.

streetlancer02 Feb 5, 2004 07:35 PM

would RRM's header work too?

digdat Feb 5, 2004 07:45 PM

you can probably use any header. However IMO, i would go with the RPW header and downpipe .. i'm all for RPW and them crazy ausies :P

I also believe that bigger fuel injectors is not required but desired to get max. power out of it.

thereasonsf3 Feb 6, 2004 03:03 AM

yeah rpw's headers are cool. i thought the kit now came with larger injectors.

SirK Feb 6, 2004 05:18 AM

I would suggest the following:

1. Brakes. something like the willawood discs someone on here has.
2. LSD
3. Suspension/wheels/tires.
4. Super charger.

No point having a car that goes well in a straight line but cant stop/turn.

CanLancerOZ Feb 6, 2004 11:41 AM

thx guys for the input

HobieKopek Feb 6, 2004 12:58 PM

The brakes are Wilwood just FYI. RMR are the only people with the kit, but the price ain't bad last I checked.

Tires at least I'd definitely recommend. Wheels are not necessary but may suit your wants. I've had no problems or complaints on my stock suspension (only mods are a front single tube strut tower bar and wheels/tires).

Lemme recommend you get solid urethane motor mounts. With them an LSD should not be necessary to control tire spin, and the only real downside is that you may have some vibration at idle. (Some had it, I didn't).

AdamJ39 Feb 7, 2004 09:22 AM

better add Clutch to that List...also a flywheel would help you out also...(i hear Fidanza is about to realease one for us)..

-Adam

BLaZeNoZ Feb 8, 2004 03:10 PM

all u need is a header and exhaust would be good too... i think the RPW would go best but the guys at RIPP have their own header design but im not sure if the Lancer one is out yet... and after you do the kit ur deff going to need a new clutch, better off getting it before the kit break it in so that when ur done with the SC u can go out and have some fun pretty quickly

ozracer4 Jun 7, 2004 05:51 PM

any header will work with the RIPP kit as long as it's one of the many that are offered for the lancer (RRM, RPW, KAMIKAZE, etc.) i asked. our car won't really benefit from a lightened flywheel. it might actually hurt you when it comes to daily driving. do a search and you can find out why.