EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-aftermarket-forced-induction-tech-57/)
-   -   Evo 7 ROM flash to base lancer (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-aftermarket-forced-induction-tech/754433-evo-7-rom-flash-base-lancer.html)

xCasserole 420 May 17, 2019 12:54 AM

Evo 7 ROM flash to base lancer

Hey everyone, so I've been working on a turbo lancer for a YouTube video I'm making where everything is homemade, except for turbo and intercooler obviously. The idea is to show how cheap you can make a turbo setup..

Anyways, I didn't want to pay $700 for an aftermarket ecu. So what I did was Craigslist some people and they let me pull they stock 2002 evo 7 GTA automatic ROM from their ecu. I figured this would be the only one to work because its 256kb not 500, also the definition for all the other evo 7 will not work. So I managed to get a legit one that has the correct values from my buddy at the local mitsubishi dealership

You cannot edit the base stock lancer ROM for turbo. It has no boost values and you can't add them in because it will start to over wright other parts of the ROM.

When I compared the maps they are almost identical except for the evo ROM has boost values in the table
I had to change a few values to match my setup, all stock btw, like maf size and injectors n stuff

So far its working without problems and I've written my ROM between the 2 a couple times and its always successful

I'm just wondering if anybody else has done this with an evo 7 ROM and not the evo 8 or 9 that's gonna brick your ecu

I use ecuflash with a tactrix for all my programming, I will upload my stock
2002 oz rally, 03 es, and evo 7 GTA ROM here soon as well as the correct definitions
Its a "full" definition for base lancers. With all the cool stuff you'll need. For anyone who's been having trouble finding files like these

FYI my video will be done sometime within the month I hope and I'll link it here

4g94 running stock with a to4e turbo 63trim
Barley fit in the engine bay

CrAnSwIcK May 25, 2019 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by xCasserole 420 (Post 11872759)
Hey everyone, so I've been working on a turbo lancer for a YouTube video I'm making where everything is homemade, except for turbo and intercooler obviously. The idea is to show how cheap you can make a turbo setup..

Anyways, I didn't want to pay $700 for an aftermarket ecu. So what I did was Craigslist some people and they let me pull they stock 2002 evo 7 GTA automatic ROM from their ecu. I figured this would be the only one to work because its 256kb not 500, also the definition for all the other evo 7 will not work. So I managed to get a legit one that has the correct values from my buddy at the local mitsubishi dealership

You cannot edit the base stock lancer ROM for turbo. It has no boost values and you can't add them in because it will start to over wright other parts of the ROM.

When I compared the maps they are almost identical except for the evo ROM has boost values in the table
I had to change a few values to match my setup, all stock btw, like maf size and injectors n stuff

So far its working without problems and I've written my ROM between the 2 a couple times and its always successful

I'm just wondering if anybody else has done this with an evo 7 ROM and not the evo 8 or 9 that's gonna brick your ecu

I use ecuflash with a tactrix for all my programming, I will upload my stock
2002 oz rally, 03 es, and evo 7 GTA ROM here soon as well as the correct definitions
Its a "full" definition for base lancers. With all the cool stuff you'll need. For anyone who's been having trouble finding files like these

FYI my video will be done sometime within the month I hope and I'll link it here

4g94 running stock with a to4e turbo 63trim
Barley fit in the engine bay

I built my turbo kit for under $1500 Canadian like 6 years ago...there's definitely a rewarding feeling you get from accomplishing so much for so little, best of luck with your build. :) I never did a video, make sure to post a link when you're done...I planned on turbocharging my 03 lancer, but got tied up with my 06 Ralliart turbo project...we ended up selling the 03 in favour of a more family oriented mazda 5, which I also want to turbocharge...lol...did I mention I want to turbo my lawn mower too? :lol:

not 100% on the Evo 7 roms...I think they had a few extra bits like anti-lag, that the USDM Evo 8 and 9 didn't have...not sure how similar the engine control program is between them, or even between a VII GSR and GTA...