Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Boston Acoustics speakers are a pain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2005, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boston Acoustics speakers are a pain

If you should get BA speakers, you'll need to make a trip to the local hardware store 1st to get nuts, bolts, and washers to install them in the rear. BA only makes 6.5 inch round speakers for drop-ins (which will fit in these cars). Some of the speakers, like the NX-67, come with size adjustment rings which save you from having to build one yourself. Front speakers: you use the size adjustment ring and the clips to hold that in (comes w/ speakers) and the screws that come w/ speakers. Original screws from the car won't work. Back speakers: since there's nothing but a metal hole that the screw went in, you have to use washers & nuts to hold the clips (and bolts) in place. Take one of the clips that come w/ the speakers & head to your hardware store for sizing. Speakers sound great, very clean, but I thought anyone considering BA speakers should know about this before installing them. At least you don't have to drill anything.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

or you can just buy the custom speaker rings for our lancer for $5 that someone on here sells, i bought those and every speaker i ever tried to installl fit those rings.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 10:05 AM

I wasn't about to go looking through 12 pages of a search on these forums looking for something I didn't know for sure existed.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 12:46 AM
Evolving Member

then go to crutchfield.com and get them there. If you dont want to use the search button, then there is no point. I guess the speakers are not that important to be installed.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 05:24 PM

Actually, I am perfectly capable of installing them myself. I was just giving people a heads up that may be interested in the info.

On a side note:
1. I didn't say I didn't want to use the search button. I said that I didn't want to search through 12 pages of search results looking for it. Can you not read?!?
2. It's so nice that I try to impart some information that someone may find useful and get nothing but crap from people who apparently have nothing better to do than to be asses and can't even afford to buy the real Evo and have to get some cheaper version. Very nice. I can see why, judging alone from you 2 guys, that Mitsu hotrod car owners have a bad reputation in some groups as being jerks with lots of opinions but no brains or manners to back them up.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by inu-sama
Actually, I am perfectly capable of installing them myself. I was just giving people a heads up that may be interested in the info.

On a side note:
1. I didn't say I didn't want to use the search button. I said that I didn't want to search through 12 pages of search results looking for it. Can you not read?!?
2. It's so nice that I try to impart some information that someone may find useful and get nothing but crap from people who apparently have nothing better to do than to be asses and can't even afford to buy the real Evo and have to get some cheaper version. Very nice. I can see why, judging alone from you 2 guys, that Mitsu hotrod car owners have a bad reputation in some groups as being jerks with lots of opinions but no brains or manners to back them up.
Stop being such a *****. You are very new here and if you keep this up you will not be well liked here. Stop bashing the ES's OZ's ect because you are a LANCER to!
Old Jan 23, 2005, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

On a side note:

DONT even think of attacking me and starting ****. I was merely trying to help you out as i hate seeing posts that have no meaning when searches could easily be done on speakers in the audio forum. I have been on these forums since january 2002 and I know just about everything there is to audio on the lancer/evo and I am a certified installer for audio/video/alarms and that.

So I guess you are saying that I am inferior because I can not afford an evo? Its a shame that my school costs 39 grand(more than your evo if your having trouble with math) a year so I guess I am not fortunate enought be as rich as you since I have car payment and tuition. I think I do pretty good for myself.

I never was saying that I was trying to make my car look like a real evo nor even hint towards it......

Sorry for being a n00b
Old Jan 23, 2005, 06:07 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a side note:
Before you start getting all huffy like that and unloading on some of the more senior members, you need to make a name for yourself. Otherwise you're just another "ignorant evo-owning snob that doesnt have a clue what they are talking about."
Old Jan 23, 2005, 07:09 PM

My responses:
1. The above post was DIRECTLY IN RESPONSE TO OZLancerlunitic & gourry, as you other people could tell if you actually read the post, so get your panties out of a wad. I was trying to give helpful advice and got s**t on. If this is how you treat people, I don't care to be a part of the forums, anyway. (So this is my last post. I wonder how many "thank goodness that idiot's gone" posts will be here after I leave?) Hence...
2. I don't care if I'm well-liked or not.
3. These forums are, at least in part, an idiot's paradise, anyway. Seriously. Topics on blow jobs, trading girlfriends, ***** jiggling? Nice, mature forum for serious car enthusiasts (<---MUCH sarcasm). After reading this forum, it appears to be mainly comprised of early 20-something males with (honestly) no clue. And you (the males mentioned) won't have any idea what I'm talking about by "no clue." Ask some of the more mature, with-it people here in the forum that have a clue. They may be nice & explain.
4. Making a "name for myself" before being able to say something about cars in order to be taken seriously instead of the post being taken for its own merit IS ignorant. "Senior members" should be the first people to be decent, especially to noobs (see #1).
5. I minored in math, so I am well aware that 39 grand is more than my car. I NEVER said anything about income or your intellect or lack of either. However, if you're going to go about touting your educational expenses like you're some big thing, you may want to know it's "I think I do pretty WELL for myself" and not "I think I do pretty good for myself." You may want to ask for some of your tuition back.
6. And, yes, I know a bit about cars. Some people give every car's drivers a bad reputation. I've had some hot cars and been involved in some hot car clubs of cars I didn't own, just because I was friends with some (Porsche) owners and would take my car to the track when they did. There were some jerk Porsche guys, there are some jerk Lancer guys. Somehow the whole car my-disk-is-bigger-than-yours thing brings it out in certain people. My point? I've been around cars and car people for a very long time, and if someone (ie. me) is standing up for something that said person stated which is under unfair attack by others (ie. OZLancerlunitic & gourry), then other people should butt out or intelligently review the whole debate and go from there. Has ANY of that been done? Nope. So, see ya! (Yes, I did go through the forums and remove, as much as I could, almost all of my posts. You people who are rude, etc. (that is, by far, not everyone on the forums. Some of the people here have been nice.) don't need to know anything about me or my car.)

Last edited by inu-sama; Jan 23, 2005 at 07:25 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

in respects to response #3, then leave-and dont come back. as for "not being able to afford" an EVO, i'd rather grow my ***** then buy them.

Last edited by archangelite; Jan 23, 2005 at 07:24 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

5. I minored in math, so I am well aware that 39 grand is more than my car. I NEVER said anything about income or your intellect or lack of either. However, if you're going to go about touting your educational expenses like you're some big thing, you may want to know it's "I think I do pretty WELL for myself" and not "I think I do pretty good for myself." You may want to ask for some of your tuition back.
ill eat that one, thats why im not an english major or have even taken any english classes in college.

You come off as one who says "I have an evo, im better than you."

If I wasn't into cars I wouldn't be here, if you weren't you wouldn't be here either. I browse these forums and make posts to make sure correct information is given to all members so we can get the most mods for our buck, as some of us are less fortunate than others.

If you did not want to search through the search feature then why not just ask someone about the rings if you knew they existed
Old Jan 24, 2005, 02:10 AM
Evolving Member

Exclamation

My responses:
1. The above post was DIRECTLY IN RESPONSE TO OZLancerlunitic & gourry, as you other people could tell if you actually read the post, so get your panties out of a wad. I was trying to give helpful advice and got s**t on. If this is how you treat people, I don't care to be a part of the forums, anyway. (So this is my last post. I wonder how many "thank goodness that idiot's gone" posts will be here after I leave?) Hence...
2. I don't care if I'm well-liked or not.
3. These forums are, at least in part, an idiot's paradise, anyway. Seriously. Topics on blow jobs, trading girlfriends, ***** jiggling? Nice, mature forum for serious car enthusiasts (<---MUCH sarcasm). After reading this forum, it appears to be mainly comprised of early 20-something males with (honestly) no clue. And you (the males mentioned) won't have any idea what I'm talking about by "no clue." Ask some of the more mature, with-it people here in the forum that have a clue. They may be nice & explain.
4. Making a "name for myself" before being able to say something about cars in order to be taken seriously instead of the post being taken for its own merit IS ignorant. "Senior members" should be the first people to be decent, especially to noobs (see #1).
6. And, yes, I know a bit about cars. Some people give every car's drivers a bad reputation. I've had some hot cars and been involved in some hot car clubs of cars I didn't own, just because I was friends with some (Porsche) owners and would take my car to the track when they did. There were some jerk Porsche guys, there are some jerk Lancer guys. Somehow the whole car my-disk-is-bigger-than-yours thing brings it out in certain people. My point? I've been around cars and car people for a very long time, and if someone (ie. me) is standing up for something that said person stated which is under unfair attack by others (ie. OZLancerlunitic & gourry), then other people should butt out or intelligently review the whole debate and go from there. Has ANY of that been done? Nope. So, see ya! (Yes, I did go through the forums and remove, as much as I could, almost all of my posts. You people who are rude, etc. (that is, by far, not everyone on the forums. Some of the people here have been nice.) don't need to know anything about me or my car.)
I say good riddance to bad rubbish!
Old Jan 24, 2005, 07:28 AM
Former Sponsor

i don't get it. is he trying to imply that he is smarter then everyone here? you have a minor in math? what is your major? are you even done with school? your school cost 39grand a year... wow, would you like a medal for that one? as being someone who is rather unbiased about these topics, yes i agree that the whole, "do a search" comment is way overdone, and if everyone did that then there would never be new topics to talk and argue about. additionally, the first comment could have been written a little less arrogantly. however, you went off like a lit firecracker on what should have been two comments that 90% of the users here will just pass right over as post whoring.

now i would have to agree with pusha2009 in that if you think people here are morons and you want to go somewhere were people are all college educated (good luck finding that place), then by all means go find that place and leave this forum. and if you want to stay, might want to try taking a 5000 dollar yoga class i'm sure your college offers for 2 credits. it will help calm you down a little bit.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
i don't get it. is he trying to imply that he is smarter then everyone here? you have a minor in math? what is your major? are you even done with school? your school cost 39grand a year... wow, would you like a medal for that one? as being someone who is rather unbiased about these topics, yes i agree that the whole, "do a search" comment is way overdone, and if everyone did that then there would never be new topics to talk and argue about. additionally, the first comment could have been written a little less arrogantly. however, you went off like a lit firecracker on what should have been two comments that 90% of the users here will just pass right over as post whoring.

now i would have to agree with pusha2009 in that if you think people here are morons and you want to go somewhere were people are all college educated (good luck finding that place), then by all means go find that place and leave this forum. and if you want to stay, might want to try taking a 5000 dollar yoga class i'm sure your college offers for 2 credits. it will help calm you down a little bit.
what are you talking about?

HE is the one that has a minor in math, NOT me.

I am the one that pays 39 grand a year, which JUSTIFIES why i cannot afford an Evo. He decided to post about numbers and not being able to afford a "real evo" as he calls it and I had to justify why I do not have a "real evo"

I never stated "Do a search," all I said was they make speaker rings to fit the speakers in our Lancer/Evo vehicles.

Who went off like a firecracker? Me, Him or Goury? You are confusing the crap outta things.

"then by all means go find that place and leave this forum. and if you want to stay, might want to try taking a 5000 dollar yoga class i'm sure your college offers for 2 credits. it will help calm you down a little bit."

He spoke nothing about going to college I did?

Damn dude read the post and see who wrote what
Old Jan 24, 2005, 12:30 PM
Former Sponsor

my bad. but why is every post on here edited so that i cannot even follow what is going on anymore. anyway, i do not care if you can or cannot afford an evo, and if your going to a 39g a year school your obviously doing quite well financially. that or your going to be paying of college loans until you retire. which school costs 39gs a year and why the hell didn't you go to a school that costs half as much, offers the same piece of paper, and save your self 80 thousand dollars which could buy you a new infinity R35 skyline when you graduate in 07? (just a guess because i have no idea when your graduate or graduated) anywho...

your post at the very top doesn't say specifically to use the search, but how in the world is anyone going to read that and know how to get these rings. a simple link would have worked, otherwise it is implyed to use the search. i agree with this inu guy on that point.

inu went off like a firecracker. but i am begining to think he was justifed in at least some of that.

Quick Reply: Boston Acoustics speakers are a pain