Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

iPod hookup

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2005, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPod hookup

I bought one of those radio things for my ipod but the sound quality is not quite what i expected it to be. I was thinking that if i connected the antenna from the iPod transmitter to the antenna from the stock headunit, it would eliminate any distortion or radio interference... Am i right or just totally off track?

While i was taking apart the iPod transmitter i figured out which wires were for the stereo so do any of you know if it would be possible to just connect those wires directly to the speaker wires in the stock harness. I already know which wires are for what speakers but i don't really know if the ipod has enough power to pump alkl four of the speakers. I was thinking that it would need some sort of amp or something....

thanks for the help...
Old Jun 11, 2005, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

If you want the quality sound you should directly link your ipod to your deck. YOu can do this if you your headunit is compatible for a cd changer. I would also recommend not buying the ipod kits, they are really expensive.
To address your questions, I really don't know if those methods would work.
Old Jun 11, 2005, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

with this... iwould suggest getting a new radio with an ipod interface. it directly connects the ipod to the radio and charges it also... my friend has one on his honda. its alpine and it works great. it does not only give the best clarity of sound but also it gives the music same sound levels when you play it. the songs play at even sound levels. no song is too loud nor too soft.

im using dlo transpod. i got it from target... it cost like 80 bucks but it works much better that the itrip...

thats my opinion...
hope this helps!
Old Jun 16, 2005, 01:18 PM

alpine cd player now supports ipod control...you can control your ipod directly from the alpine head unit
Old Jun 16, 2005, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

You may need a more powerful FM transmitter. Those small battery operated transmitter may not be powerful enough to send a 'clean' signal. You can get one for 1/2 off for a Belkin charger and transmitter

other options...
A)get an auxillary input to your deck and plug your iPod into that plug

B)get an iPod capable deck & iPod interface. Combination of both will be pretty expensive. From what I've read, the iPod interfaces on these aftermarkets decks are much slower than actually using the iPod. Most iPod forums recommended option A.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

from what I've heard, tint interferes with those iPod transmitters. Especially if your tint has a couple layers of metal. Wasn't somebody trying to hook up their iPod through the cd changer output? Or maybe that was a different board...
Old Jun 16, 2005, 11:11 PM

http://www.densionusa.com/icelink_info.htm they sell a kit for most stock and aftermarket radios, best buy sells them for $200 so its expensive but it works great!