Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Help, ERROR DC msg!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help, ERROR DC msg!

I recently purchased a 2010 Lancer SE equiped with the Rockford Fosgate sound system.
Previous owner said they believe they blew/fried the sub somehow, as it apparently quit mid-song, then the msg "ERROR DC" appeared, and is still shown on the radio display.
The radio display shows correct time, and the 6-disc CD changer still operates. This suggests to me the radio is still functioning and OK.
After doing some online research, I have learned the ERROR DC msg can indicate several things: a bad radio head unit, a bad amp, a blown speaker, a short to ground on a speaker wire, and lastly, the #31 blown 30 amp fuse.
I also read that locating and repairing any short to ground can resolve the ERROR DC msg, and return the radio function.
If they indeed "fried the sub", if I were to simply disconnect the 4 wires feeding it, would that not suffice as a short term "fix" and restore radio function, - minus the sub of course?

I'm a mechanic, not an audio guy, so I don't want to do any further damage, but I could live without the sub for now, if this won't cause any further damage.

Please advise...