Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

How To: Installing Mitsubishi Aux/MP3 cable

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2013, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feedback

Originally Posted by kpac17
Yes that would be the feed back I'm talking about I noticed it more when there was no music playing and it would get louder as you accelerate. That's pretty much the only reason that I changed the factory radio to aftermarket. But if you say that this fixes it I might have to take a look at it on my friends lancer (unfortunately weaponX is no longer with us:.(
But I'm sure if you do a wire up many would like it got an idea as well to kind of elaborate more on your idea ill send you a pm
Yeah send me a PM I would like to hear your thoughts. I was potentially thinking shielded/rca cable could be used from the connector for the audio wires and factory connector wire pins and my guess is it would eliminate any potential for feedback.

So update: Yeah there is minor feeback upon accelleration but only really noticable at highway speest and happens only some of this time. One day you will hear it the next you won't. Aside form temprerature changes affecting metal sizes (expansion/contraction) I would attribute this to either 1 of 2 things:

1) The ipod/aux cable is unshielded and the cable is running past alot of wires and the power is running in the same cable as the right and left wires. With the smaller wires that are in ipod/headphones (24ga most of the time) my guess is they would be more likely to suffer from feeback.

and/or

2) The connection from the wire to the pin while inside the connector is not as good as it should be because all is it is a twisted and folded wire end making a much of an interference contact connection as possible. The best way to make the connection is to get a factory radio pin for that connector to crimp the wirre into. Unfortunately they are hard to come by and dealr ships do not have them seperate. I will be looking for some pins in my spare time but its not high on the priority list since the feedback only appears on the highway and only some of the time.

If any of you know of any wrecked lancers and can get that connector cut out of a car with 2-3+ inches of the wires still installed (rather than a new connector from the factory without wires or pins) send it to me and I will steal three of the pins out test it and report back. I will also help that person build the same unit I did (send me $12-15 in materials (ipod power/audio cable and the cheapest cig lighter-usb converter) and and I will do the harness for free for you). I want to make another one with heatshrink anyway, so it will be a cleaner looking prototype and get some feedback with you hopefully not getting feedback). It it works I will make more of them

Last edited by dolson222; Mar 11, 2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 01:38 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCOSCHE-2008...-/290389477001

Realize I'm a little late to the game, but does anyone know whether/where the harness on the above part would connect to the C-109 head wiring?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 05:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sakib

Realize I'm a little late to the game, but does anyone know whether/where the harness on the above part would connect to the C-109 head wiring?
From the picture it looks like it would be for mmcs maybe I'm not sure how it would hook into c109 without major modification and even then theyellow input would be a waste and they are male connectors so you would eitherneed a dual audio output (1 Jack for left and 1 for right) or another adapter with rca female to 3.5mm aux or iphone hookup so you could get full sound.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 09:16 AM

Radio won't work after AUX installed

Hello,

I have installed the AUX cables as mentioned and it's working great,
but now my Radio is not working!!

It has no reception at all.
I haven't done anything else other than connecting the wires, wondering if anyone can help me with this, if not I would have to spend more $$$ for a check up. Any possibility that I accidentally reset, press smth wrong along the way... etc.

Thanks!!
Old Jul 18, 2013, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by mrpimp
Hello,

I have installed the AUX cables as mentioned and it's working great,
but now my Radio is not working!!

It has no reception at all.
I haven't done anything else other than connecting the wires, wondering if anyone can help me with this, if not I would have to spend more $$$ for a check up. Any possibility that I accidentally reset, press smth wrong along the way... etc.

Thanks!!
Check fuses
Old Jul 18, 2013, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by sakib

Dolson is right
Old Jul 27, 2013, 09:53 AM

Does anyone know how to do it in a 2012 model???
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2014 with rockford fosgate (not sure if rf matters) but i'm very interested in adding an aux wire, however i'd really love to add video as well if possible using the mmcs (navi) rca plugs under the hvac controllers.

My car is an mr with touring package and it has the cubby door with a plastic cover in place of where the rca yellow/red/white rca's would be, has anyone done this yet? do these head units (2014 touch screen [non-navi]) support video? I ask about video support because aparently the outlanders use the same head unit with rear view parking cameras.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 02:54 AM

Hey does anyone know if the accessory cable will work with a samsung galaxy s3? - i just brought a 2008 EVO X and the stereos great but I can't plug my phone or ipod in...
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by josephlozada23
Does anyone know how to do it in a 2012 model???
The process should be exactly the same as for earlier years as long as you have the non mmcs setup.

Old Feb 19, 2014, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

ModenaTwinTurbo - The MMCS has a plug on the back that allows for you to plug in the oem mitsu adapter cable. THere may even be a choice in adaptor cables (RCA jack and a different ipod one), but I cant remember. They may be for non MMCS only and MMCS onle respectively. I believe the MMCS can support video also but I'm not positive on that. I think it needs a flash/settings change to make it work though. Again I'm not sure but I think its like a lot of other things that are tied into the car's ECU. Every different model uses the same setups and those that are not used for a given model are turned off in the ecu. My guess is that if you see the wiring diagram or the connecter pin out you can see where the video wire is and my guess would be that that pin is empty on your connector. Hook somethink up using a av cable cut in half as an adapter and see what happens. If none of this works then just try to source an outlander one, I'm sure it will work with minimal headache. Selling yours will likely get you to break even or at least close.
**UPDATE**
here is a link that I found that talks about the pinout for the mmcs connectors that specifically relate to video signals. It looks like there are three locations that will allow video in (back-up cam, rear monitors(not using MMCS LCD), and non in motion DVD) in the outlander Im sure these are left empty in lancers but you may be able to just use those pins.
http://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mit...d-video-27366/

Stacrafty - ??? you asked about the galaxy and the Ipod in the same sentence. Yes both can work if you use the Aux jack hook up. it uses the headphone jack in your phone of either kind of phone but will not simulatneously charge the phone. If you are only using an ipod and wish to have it play and charge then you can use the ipod/iphone dock connecter port and you will only need to hook 1 cable to the i-device.

With the aux jack option, you can just take an old set of heaphones that you may have broken and cut the buds or the headphones off. You will use the jack and wire thats left to connect the phone to the empty connector ports.

I should also mention that you can use the i phone connector to aux jack cable as well and cut the aux jack end off and use the wires in the same way. You will then have an apple device connecter to hook up with. This will not be set up to charge the phone, similar to the option above.

With the I-dock connector option that you also want to use to charge your phone you will need a cable that pigtails a aux jack and a usb together and the other end being the i-connecter. Its a y adapter cable (not the actual name, just a description). You will also need a USB car adapter (it steps the battery voltage from 12-14V down to 5V. Once you have the materials you can either just plug the usb and car charger into the cig lighter or if you want to hide it you can solder wire leads to each end of the circuit board inside of a disassembled car charger and tap into the cig wires with the 12V end and connnect the usb end to the wires of the y cable that were for the USB (or you can just plug the usb end into the adapter) finish by taping and connect the auidio end to the radio connector and you are good to go.

Last edited by dolson222; Feb 20, 2014 at 08:36 AM. Reason: added link to a forum that discussed MMCS pinout for outlander
Old Feb 19, 2014, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stacrafty
Hey does anyone know if the accessory cable will work with a samsung galaxy s3? - i just brought a 2008 EVO X and the stereos great but I can't plug my phone or ipod in...
^^^^^ See above ^^^^^
Old Mar 11, 2014, 08:01 PM

Hi guys,
The guide was very useful, but i have a problem , the 18 pin harness has wires in it already, pink blue and black where i am supposed to connect aux.. i will attach a pic of it. mine is 2008 lancer Es cj , Australia. what are my options, please help. thanks
Forgive my English

I tried to see where those cables lead to, it looks more like done in factory, not someone installed it later. I could see a 6 pin black square spare plug just behind the Hvca controls, little below it.

Last edited by jaychez; Mar 11, 2014 at 08:08 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 12:14 AM

i think i messed it up... i snipped pink(4th top row), blue and Black from bottom row, and connected my aux cable..

Red to pink
white to blue
copper to black

Now it does play music, but i am getting huge static noise . when nothing is connected in aux mode , or connected , getting constant noise. please help
Old Apr 6, 2014, 03:49 AM

I can't seem to find the kit available, is there a mirror link or a working one? Thanks!

Quick Reply: How To: Installing Mitsubishi Aux/MP3 cable