Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

How to reduce rattles and road noise.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2004, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol its a cap i think.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 12:33 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dem_z
My question is... If theres a fire in your trunk... What would you do if the fire extinguisher is in... Your trunk?

I duno, I looked at the image and I thought it was a F/Ex next to the amp.

Thanks for the tips though, they work! and its easy!
Hehe i would keep it under the seat if its small enough
Old Jul 24, 2004, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

how hard is dynamating the doors? its a pain in the ****, i can tell you that much. the gunky black weather sealant that holds the plastic wrap on the door will get everywhere and drive you CRAZY.

and yes, that's a 1/2 farad cap in my trunk. if it were to burst and my car were to catch on fire i think i'd just grab my CDs and watch the thing burn. i can't imagine what a pain it would be to repair a car that's had fire damage, not to mention the smell of burnt plastic would never leave.
Old Aug 8, 2004, 04:33 PM

the thing with the plate I just bent mine up and it stoped rattiling
Old Aug 9, 2004, 03:33 PM

hey did the sme thing you did to your trunk and it still rattles I even ajust the trunk knobs
all the way intell they stop it still rattlles don't know what to do I guess I'll have to keep the volume down
Old Aug 11, 2004, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

uhh if u are talking about that poll thats your crash bar that wasnt a good idea that will take a good hit and keep your door from coming in at you trust me dont do that just dynamat it i did about 70sq ft in my car and its like a lexus or w/e can talk at any volume on freeway etc its damn quiet https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...49#post1133649 pic of my install not much of dynamat
Old Aug 11, 2004, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

as far as what to dynamat the more the better the main trunk rattles come from the spoiler area see my last link for a pic of my truk lid and then the plastic gaurd thing where the trunk locks under that is a piece of metal that is only spot welded in like 4 places and rattles like a **** unless you really get in there
Old Nov 19, 2004, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

if you are looking for cheap, go to lowes....buy peel and seal....its about the same thing as dynamat, and alot cheaper
Old Dec 10, 2004, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

I had a rattle in my car forever whenever my subs would hit. It sounded like it was coming from the dashboard up by the windshield. I kept pushing on it to see if that was the problem but it wasn't. I finally figured out my subs were making my sun visors resonate against the roof from about 30hz to 60hz. I just drive with my visors down now.. or mabye i'll just take em out since I already have a vinyl sun shade across the top of my windshield. heh.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 05:08 PM

For those who don't want to pay the high price of "car audio sound deadener," just go to your local roofing place and ask for a roll of peel 'n' seal. It's the same asphalt-based stuff as the dynamat and stinger stuff, but for 80 dollars, you can get enough to do your whole car.
Old May 16, 2005, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Risingsun: actually, peel and seal is completely different than the car audio stuff. I've used both, and I can tell you that the peel and seal WILL come off in the summer.

I've just ordered 200 sq feet of eDead V1se from www.edesignaudio.com and they're shipping it to me as I type. for $1.50/sq ft it's much cheaper than any of the other car audio brands, but it's very effective.

Something that noone has mentioned yet is that the deadener has to be heated up to stick and work properly. a hair dryer can work, but I prefer a heat gun or small propane torch.]

one last note.

there is no such thing as a lightweight sound deadening material, the reason that sound deadener works the way it does is that it adds weight to the panels and stops them from vibrating.
Old May 20, 2005, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Roofing Caulk For Me Please
Old Aug 4, 2005, 03:49 PM

thanks for the info...i actually knew several people who would need this info
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:58 AM
Evolving Member

i dont have alicense plate rattle yet... this is because i still have paper plates.... i have 1 12" JL W3v2 in a ported box in my trunk and its sounds good minus the rear deck slamming against the back window. the rattle i notice most is when i am driving and my exhaust tone rattles the car, there is a rattle on the B-pillar right next to me head... very very annoying, any ideas?
Old Jan 17, 2006, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

kind of old thread, but yeah i have the same problem, i thought it was in the door and i took it off and tried taping everything down and it still happened, then i found it was coming from the pillar and now i dont know what to do

Quick Reply: How to reduce rattles and road noise.