Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

09 lancer help

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2008, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 lancer help

Si i just picked up a new 09 es-sport fully loaded lancer on wednesday. I want to incorporate my Jl Audio System into this one using the stock radio as its actually pretty decent. i have the fosgate system w/ this lancer. and since it has 6 months free sat radio, and 6 disk changer and mp3 capabilities it does everything an aftermarket one would do anyways.

i have a JL Audio 500/1 Amp and a JL audio 12w6v2 Subwoofer i would like to install to really get this thing to bang. where can i find the fosgate amp in the car so i can find the wires that come off the headunit to give the fosgate amp its signal so i can tap into that for my rca's to my jl amp?

any other suggestions im open for as well.
thanks
Todd
Old May 7, 2008, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i believe the amp is under the drivers seat
Old May 7, 2008, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Nice to see some fellow 09 lancer owners on the forum!

What might be kinda cool is if you bought a second fosgate sub in the stock enclosure and mounted that to the other side of the trunk. That would be a sick looking trunk and would almost seem stock but would bump almost twice as loud. I saw one that was being sold on ebay a week or so ago, I think it went for 200, so you might be able to find another in that price range.

Post pics of whatever set up you end up going with.
Old May 8, 2008, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

yea i did this like three weeks ago but nice selection bro.....get a nice loc with a road noise filter
Old May 8, 2008, 09:35 AM

i got the LOC installed The Jl Setup sounds amazing. im just going to have to run a REM Wire to the amp. the Signal Sensing feature just isnt working out like it i would like it to. if i turn the volume down below say 13 the amp turns off after a min. and turn it back above 13 and it comes back on hard as heck after a min. want it on all the time. plus when i shut the car off or radio off i get a lotta bass outta the woofer bcuz its still picking up a small amount of signal.
Old May 8, 2008, 09:36 AM

Also going to build a custom enclosure for this setup as i prevoiously owned a 2004 Mustang Gt and had a rear seat delete kit for the amp rack and subwoofer so ti fired into the cab. for now i just cut down the subwoofer box and thru that into my trunk for testing purposes. but ill post some pictures later.