Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

How can I install my amp and sub on the factory radio?

Old Jun 21, 2015, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How can I install my amp and sub on the factory radio?

I have a 12' sport back gt with Mitsubishi's sat nav head unit.I just removed it and I don't see any connections for the RCA connections?I have an old Rockford Phosgate punch amp and a compact 10" mtx sub woofer.I want to connect them to the factory head unit,is there a part I need from Rockford or can I just make it myself?
Old Jun 23, 2015, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
If the amp accepts speaker-level input - just tie into a rear door speaker wire.

If it does not - buy the "Line-Level' adapter and then tie into a rear door speaker...

For my 8" sub - I just made a small sealed square box & covered it with a panel/black cloth to match the contour of the rear hatch area. I put the sub on the left (drivers' side) by removing the plastic bin.

Let me know if you need pix...

The sportback RF sub enclosure is pretty much only available from the dealer and $$$ :O
Old Jun 29, 2015, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KITT2012
I have a 12' sport back gt with Mitsubishi's sat nav head unit.I just removed it and I don't see any connections for the RCA connections?I have an old Rockford Phosgate punch amp and a compact 10" mtx sub woofer.I want to connect them to the factory head unit,is there a part I need from Rockford or can I just make it myself?
You need this http://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audi...-upgrade/lc2i/

Any generic non-powered "line level adaptor" will leave a lot on the table.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Veronica
If the amp accepts speaker-level input - just tie into a rear door speaker wire.

If it does not - buy the "Line-Level' adapter and then tie into a rear door speaker...

For my 8" sub - I just made a small sealed square box & covered it with a panel/black cloth to match the contour of the rear hatch area. I put the sub on the left (drivers' side) by removing the plastic bin.

Let me know if you need pix...

The sportback RF sub enclosure is pretty much only available from the dealer and $$$ :O
Hey Veronica you got those photos by any chance? I might do the set up you said on my post, let me see how you did it?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Sorry - no pix. I changed the headunit and ran RCAs...
Old Feb 21, 2016, 09:18 AM

08 Lancer GTR

Hey guys, Need a little help. I don't want to change the OEM radio right now, Just got the car. I have a AutoTek 1000 watt amp, Can I use this amp without converters or no? It does have a Hi level input for it plus can move from mono to stereo. I do have 2 12s I'll be hooking up. can I use the front white and yellow ports for the rca or no?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 02:05 PM

On the process right now

I am right now to doing that I got the rf system and in a week and got tired of it .this is how I'm doing it . I snipped all the wires from the amp. Unbolt that crap out of the car and burn it . You need to run power wires and everything from the trunk ( look up how to remove back seat it's very simple) I use a 9v batt to find the color spec of all the speakers ( when u google it it's outdated ) tie all that in to the new amp now you need to get a lc2i from audio control Isi man set you back 100beans but it's well worth it then the $15 loc. There are I believe either 4 wires or 2 wires wrap in gray plastic and that's what you connect to find you line out from the head unit . just a fyi it is a component system you need cross overs so you don't blow your tweeters. Another FYI you will see that u have four wires for the sub you need only one pair since I doubt your gonna run it at 1 ohms and I think that is it . I also used a audio control three.2 system so that I retain full functionality of system and I modded it under the ac functions

Originally Posted by AKcajun
Hey guys, Need a little help. I don't want to change the OEM radio right now, Just got the car. I have a AutoTek 1000 watt amp, Can I use this amp without converters or no? It does have a Hi level input for it plus can move from mono to stereo. I do have 2 12s I'll be hooking up. can I use the front white and yellow ports for the rca or no?