Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

08 Es Radio Replacement with OEM 14 Ralliart touchscreen radio Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 04:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 Es Radio Replacement with OEM 14 Ralliart touchscreen radio Questions

Hey Everyone,

First let me start off by saying I am a COMPLETE newbie when it comes to cars but I have been learning a lot via this site and youtube plea

Now with that being said, Im slowly but surely working my 08 Es up, and I recently bought a 2014 OEM Ralliart double din stereo along with a OEM head unit to replace my current one.

I conneted everything and when I turned my car on all of my service prompts started popping up (ie. all doors are open, check engine, low tire pressure, check air bags, ALL OF THEM) so I thought maybe I ****ed something up so I disconnected everything then reconnected my old unit and the prompts DID NOT come on so I tried redoing everything again and everytime I plugged the new unit in it was the same thing all the prompts came back.

While the new unit was in it worked fine (except it did not show it had bluetooth, and the aux did not function via my original rca factory aux setup)

I called a couple of mitsubishi dealerships and service departments and they all had different reasons;

1. I crossed a wire (impossible as it uses the OEM wire harness, and when i plugged my old unit back in it worked perfect)

2. I need to have the service department reset my car (ecu) (personally sounded like a good reason but like i said I am a newbie so idk if this would even do anything)

3. There is a setting on the radio that i have to reset everything ( I looked and looked but there is not a setting for this

4. "we have no idea" (figures lol)

So I am wondering does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening?
Could it be that the radio is not compatible with my car and thats why the Bluetooth,aux functions don't and the service prompts pop up? (if this is the case why would the radio still function though?)

Side Note (I know I plugged everything in properly and securely, and I also unplugged the negative from my battery to avoid short circuits while installing so Im lost.)

Thank you in advance to any and everyone that responds.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:06 AM

This is just from what I read in other forums, but someone said that it does have to be programmed to the car... Can't confirm this though. Can try to unplug the battery for 5-10 minutes after the install and see if that clears it.

As far as BT goes, could have something to with the programming also, but I also read that 2014 Touchscreen units have models that both had and didn't have Bluetooth...

This is just from what I have read so don't hold me to it.

I'd go to the dealership who said it needs to be programmed, get it programmed, and if that doesn't work, they can't charge for something they didn't do...
Old Jul 11, 2017, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
The OEM FUSE systems have been changed over the years and some features of the OEM radio like BT and Aux may not be compatible between the units
Old Jan 17, 2018, 04:55 AM

I had the same problem as the thread starter. And I was plugging in a headunit from a 2017 Lancer. Same harnesses! Freaked me out! I unplugged it and everything went back to normal.

I suspect the newer set did not require the same number of wires as the original 2008 unit.

I'm still investigating.

Old Jan 20, 2018, 04:46 AM

Solved!

2 ETACS wires cut and everything connects and worked perfectly.

Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:37 AM

[QUOTE=tweety889;11798992]Solved!

WHICH ONES ARE THE ETACS WIRES? 🤔
Old Jan 11, 2021, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by tweety889
Solved!

Which wires did you cut in oarder to get the radio to work and car to start?

Sorry this thred is abit old
Old Jan 11, 2021, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Toasted
Which wires did you cut in oarder to get the radio to work and car to start?

Sorry this thred is abit old
If u look at the connector wire diagram, there are 2 wires for etacs. These are not required anymore so u can just snip them off.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 10:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Same radio issue

Originally Posted by tweety889
If u look at the connector wire diagram, there are 2 wires for etacs. These are not required anymore so u can just snip them off.
I’m having the same problem and can’t find which wires to cut. What colors are they or exact location? Any help is highly appreciated thank you in advance.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 07:47 AM

Hi, same issue. Has anybody figured out the wires? Pictures, colours? I bought a 2014 radio and im trying to get it to work in my 2008 lancer.
Googling hasnt helped, i may have cobbled together from a few forums that it could be the orange and white wire. But im not certain and afraid to cut anything. PLease update?
Old Nov 19, 2021, 09:03 AM

Think I have it

Ok all, small update for anyone else who hits this forum. I take no responsiblity for any damage you do. I took a leap of faith and think i cut the right two wires. What they did.... who knows.
I only did this about ten mins ago so will have to see how the car acts tomorrow. It was an orange and a white wire, on my 2008 lancer. pin 8 and 18. Heres the sheet i found. It was the two wires for the can. Update me if im wrong. Hopefully this helps somewhat. Dont blame me if you f up hahaha.