Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Sirius "SAT ERROR" problem and solution

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sirius "SAT ERROR" problem and solution

This week my Sirius radio stopped working. I was only getting a "SAT ERROR" message and no sound. Apparently this is related to a recent Sirius update. From elsewhere on the web I found that the solution is to reset the radio by disconnecting the battery or removing the appropriate fuse. I did this, and the problem is solved. (I first called Sirius. Their proposed solution was to resend some signal from their end. This did not fix the problem.)

So, if you have a subscription to Sirius and you're getting the SAT ERROR message, pull fuse #7 from under the dash (or I guess you could disconnect the battery for a few minutes), wait a minute, reinstall the fuse, and you should be good to go!
Old Dec 24, 2008, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does this work with the "reading" message i keep getting? I called them to update mine and unlock all the channels and it worked for the day but know i keep getting this message. In the manual it say that its updating and should wait awhile which i did but its still doing the same thing.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 11:20 AM

Haven't seen the "reading" message, but sounds similar to a problem I have encountered with a receiver that read "updating" but would not change. The satellite receiver is the unit that controls the satellite radio functions. Turned out in my case that the receiver was faulty. Bring your car into the dealer and they will diagnose and repair it under warranty.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 11:23 AM

The resetting procedure to fix the "SAT ERROR" message is also covered under warranty, so if it's more convenient for you to stop into the dealer to have it done than to do it yourself, it only takes a few minutes to perform.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks I will be replacing my headunit next month with an aftermarket unit so i will do this before i replace it and hopefully its all sorted out.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Got the Sirius module replaced by the dealer under warranty . Looks like while sirius was updating i lost the signal and it had an enternal error which it kept trying to update.

Had it replace then got my new headunit install the week after so i wont have to deal with warranty issues
Old Feb 7, 2019, 04:49 PM

I know this thread is a little old but my 2011 displays reading constantly. I was out of town for some time and turned the service off while I was gone. The wife said nothing weird happened to the vehicle while I was gone and not it just says reading regardless of what I do. I have called Sirius (no help), removed the #7 fuse and disconnected the battery. I see above the satellite receiver may be the issue. Could there be anything else?