Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Trying to install OEM RF sound system into my 2017 Lancer Sportback SE

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trying to install OEM RF sound system into my 2017 Lancer Sportback SE

Hey gang--

Before I begin, I want to say that I spent weeks searching on every Mitsu forum imaginable to find an answer to this question-- this was probably the closest I came to with respect to instructions: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/re...05a56730294748

--
but it's largely applicable to the pre-2014 Lancer models. As some of us know, a lot of the wiring and audio changed after 2014 (for one, the amplifier code is now 8701A565; additionally, the wiring is quite different).

I'll go into my specific situation more-- I have a 2017 Lancer Sportback SE Limited edition, that came with the 8701A692 head unit (same one as used in the 2017 Rockford Fosgate models)-- however, it only came with the 4 door speakers (no tweeters, no amp, no subwoofer).

As many have previously mentioned in many Mitsubishi forums, the car comes pre-set with a lot of wires: wires for the subwoofer in the trunk, wires for the tweeters that don't exist, as well as a wire for the power cable behind the dash.

Over the last few weeks, I ambitiously got a hold of an amplifier (with bracket) from a 2017 Lancer GTS, and a used subwoofer from some other Lancer sportback. I have some after market door speakers that are 4Ohm coaxials in the back and 4Ohm components in the front (yes, in hindsight I now know the RF coaxials are 4Ohm and the front woofers are 2Ohm; worst comes to worst, I can find the RF front woofers for cheap locally)

I have lots of questions, but I'll start off with this one: how many more parts do I need to make this all work? The subwoofer and tweeters are installed (photos of this can be found in the thread I linked to at the start of this post), and I've removed the front driver seat in order to access some of the wiring and help install the amplifier. The massive inputs that are supposed to plug into the amplifier....I cannot find.

I'm a pretty big novice when it comes to audio, and I was wondering that if any of you have >2014 Lancers with the RF system and could provide some insight on how they're connected. Additionally, if anyone knows the part code for the floor wiring harness of the >2014 Lancer (in case I need it in order to make this install a reality) I would greatly appreciate it!

Cheers