EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Audio and Security (All models) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-audio-security-all-models-51/)
-   -   Replacing Factory Speakers (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-audio-security-all-models/52645-replacing-factory-speakers.html)

soundpimp Dec 3, 2003 02:44 PM

Replacing Factory Speakers

I have recently purchased 2 Sony Xplod 6.5" 3-way speakers to replace the two rear factory speakers. As I lowered the Sony speaker I noticed that the pre-cut will not allow me to directly mount the new speakers. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can mount these new speakers? Do they make speaker plate adapters for the Lancer or will I need to drill new holes? Thanks in advance!

Nero Dec 3, 2003 02:47 PM

First of all, If you got them at a place where u can return them.... do that. Its kinda hard to be a "Soundpimp" with Xplods IMHO.
u can allways cut out that space to make the basket lower. Or maybe i didnt understand that question right. please let me know if you need some help. or want to buy a system in your neck of the woods ;)

soundpimp Dec 3, 2003 02:50 PM

So your saying that these speakers are no good? How much would a good system cost?

Nero Dec 3, 2003 03:09 PM

Really sound being good or bad is all in YOUR ears, do what sounds good to you. if it were me though..... i would not let them sit inside my car, muchless install them. people on this forum have spend over 20k, while that dosent make much sense to the majority of us, we can learn from many of parts of systems like that.

So with that said, how much would a good system cost?
Thats all up to you and your taste and budget.
Q's are you going to use your stock head?
planning on adding and amps to your mids either front or back?
how much are you willing to spend
and what do you expect out of your system?

lancer02Josh Dec 4, 2003 07:37 PM

anything sony sucks ass. its all ****. sorry

Shadow Dec 4, 2003 07:45 PM

i have sonys in the rear also and i don't like them.

Higgity Hank Dec 4, 2003 10:06 PM

I wouldn't want any speakers in my rear! I'm quite sure I wouldn't like them! ;)

Ahhhh.... that was a funny one.

Anyhoo... now to the question. You can make some adapters, or you can drill some holes, OR, you can take what's behind door number 3 and use self tapping screws.

Personally though, I'd ditch the sonys.

rbbcustom Dec 4, 2003 10:08 PM

Alpine makes a good componet set with adapters the lancer speakers are 6.75" and the alpine set has adapters for that. Take my word I Own an audio video company in Fort Worth and have come across this owning a lancer myself.

ghostrider Dec 4, 2003 10:10 PM

6.75" right? Not 3.75".

rbbcustom Dec 4, 2003 10:18 PM

thank god for the edit option :lol:

CulebraLancer Dec 8, 2003 10:05 AM

What kind of speakers to get?

Which are good speakers?

Nero Dec 8, 2003 10:27 AM

Originally posted by rbbcustom
Alpine makes a good componet set with adapters the lancer speakers are 6.75" and the alpine set has adapters for that. Take my word I Own an audio video company in Fort Worth and have come across this owning a lancer myself.
Wheres your shop? and whats it called? im looking for a new HU for my 525, need it b4 xmas. pm me if u can gimme the hook up.

shonuffgd Jan 2, 2004 02:23 PM

adapter plate

you can order an adapter plate from crutchfield along with wiring harnesses our stock speakers sizes are of course 6 3/4 most of the speakers we want to buy are 6 1/2's crutchfield does sell some 6 3/4 speakers that wont need modification to fit the holes ijust used some zip ties until my brackets get here

brentg07 Feb 4, 2004 08:27 PM

i got the infinity reference in the front and rear and i love em, they have a aimable tweeter and they sound cleaner than hell