EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Audio and Security (All models) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-audio-security-all-models-51/)
-   -   factory speaker problems (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-audio-security-all-models/78442-factory-speaker-problems.html)

scooter16 Apr 28, 2004 08:38 AM

factory speaker problems

I installed a new cd player and 3 12 inch subs in my 2002 lancer. Everything was going great and then one day all of my factory speakers went out. The subs play and the cd player turns on but my factory speakers wont come on. Everything was working great for about 3 weeks then they just went off. I have never touched my door speakers. All the wires seem to be attached. Somebody please help.

KarlsLancer Apr 28, 2004 09:05 AM

same thing happend to my girlfriends 90 MPV, the speakers are blown.

scooter16 Apr 28, 2004 10:56 AM

all four of them

scooter16 Apr 28, 2004 11:00 AM

I dont think all four of them would blow at the same time.

siantjab Apr 28, 2004 11:00 AM

If the highs and mids are run by a seperate amp, there is your problem. If they are running off the stereo pre-amp; it very likely blew. This sounds more like the case, as I'm assuming you are running the highs and mids off the stereo pre-amp and the subs off a seperate amp. Thus the subs still working.

Just some thoughts, hope it helps!!

kaput16 Apr 29, 2004 02:08 PM

that's what i was thinkin. your stock speakers couldn't handle the higher watts the new stereo was pushin out and they blew

jaymz916 Apr 29, 2004 02:12 PM

typically, even if speakers are blown you still get some form of sound out of them, again, I say typically, not 100%.

Lance Dogg Apr 29, 2004 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by jaymz916
typically, even if speakers are blown you still get some form of sound out of them, again, I say typically, not 100%.

i was thinkin the same thing. maybe the radios internal amp fried?

KarlsLancer Apr 30, 2004 06:29 AM

I am blowing my stock speakers as we speak (buzz, buzz) maybe I should get some new ones, hehe

scooter16 Apr 30, 2004 11:19 AM

Is there a way that I can test to see if my speakers are blown and how do i check to see if my radios internal amp is fried

Lance Dogg Apr 30, 2004 07:38 PM

to test if the speakers are blown, you have 2 options.

1. buy a DMM (digital multimeter) at k-mart or pep boys for like 15-20 bucks and test the ohm loads on the speakers.

2. go to circuit city and they can probably do it for you. they'll prob do the rears no prob since they can reach them from inside the trunk. but, the fronts they prob won't do free since you gotta pop the door panels off unless you pull out the radio.

evolarts May 6, 2004 12:10 AM

blew two of my speakers after putting in my pioneer deck..............guess 50 watts was too much?! LMAO - Lancers have ****ty ass speakers......oh well crutchfield shows Alpine SPS-170A and Pioneer TS-A1670R as fitting all around, either can be obtained for around $100 for all 4.

Anyone have any suggestions on other speakers that are $100-150 - also if you suggest 6.5's where do I get the mounting bracket?

scooter16 May 8, 2004 09:55 AM

I replaced the front speakers and they still dont work. Can anybody help me. It sucks driving without a radio.