Notices

My Piggyback review

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2007, 11:28 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow My Piggyback review

Ok, heres my quick little review of the V1 piggyback i got.

installation is tricky. If it's not just right, your car isn't gonna work. It took me a couple of attempts to get it just right. I highly reccomend soldering, that seemed to help fix some of the problems i had.

As some of you know, my O2 sensor gave out whilst installing the piggy. So i had no power. Even with a busted sensor, i did however notice how the powerband had smoothed out.

Now my O2 sensor is fixed i have finnally felt an increase in power. It's nice!!!!
It's not an massive increase in power, but your never gonna get that on our car without turbo.
The best way to describe it is that the car no longer feels like just any other ordinairy sedan. It feels like it could be a sports car.
I would say it feels like a sports car, but on the grand scheme of things, the car is still slow. But the piggy still gives a little extra grrr.

I only paid $100 for mine, cos i got it used. I don't think i would pay more than $200 for a piggy, only because the power increase isn't really all that much. $300-$400 seems a bit much for the 10hp gain....if that.

still if you can pick one up used, i reccomend it. If not., then just keep saving your money for the turbo.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Grrr", "nice", so you have been out of school for how long? I call this "review" a bloody rubbish you ******. Fix it...now. Where on the power band can you feel improvement?
Old Jun 20, 2007, 11:39 AM
Former Vendor

i call your english a bloody rubbish

i have noticed the whole powerband has smoothed out really. I floor it and i have close to the same power as what i used to get at high rpms. Obviously the top end is still where most of the "grrrr" is, but it feels like the rest of the powerband has gained too.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

decent review...but honestly, all mods expect turbo are only gunna give u a 10hp gian...so get used to it...but 10 10hp gains is 100 extra horses...get my drift? every little bit helps...if you dont like spending money on ur car then you dont belong in this forum. simple as that, so quit *****in about ur $$$ isues

kthxbye
Old Jun 20, 2007, 12:12 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by crazy4ozs
decent review...but honestly, all mods expect turbo are only gunna give u a 10hp gian...so get used to it...but 10 10hp gains is 100 extra horses...get my drift? every little bit helps...if you dont like spending money on ur car then you dont belong in this forum. simple as that, so quit *****in about ur $$$ isues

kthxbye
?????????????

firstly....yes i know our cars suck, and i even said in my review, other than turbo, your not gonna get much power.
Secondly i'm not b!tching about $$ issues. I just said i wouldn't pay more than $200 for a piggy. I don't think it's worth it.

Thirdly
Reading entire post > You
Old Jun 20, 2007, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
What the deuce are you talking about? Every bolt on out there will maybe give you 15 hp tops, it's not like an intake will you 10 hp.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 02:42 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I give this thread about 5 more posts before it's all LOLcats and LOLbots and then it gets moved to OT.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 03:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by crypto
Ok, heres my quick little review of the V1 piggyback i got.

installation is tricky. If it's not just right, your car isn't gonna work. It took me a couple of attempts to get it just right. I highly reccomend soldering, that seemed to help fix some of the problems i had.

As some of you know, my O2 sensor gave out whilst installing the piggy. So i had no power. Even with a busted sensor, i did however notice how the powerband had smoothed out.

Now my O2 sensor is fixed i have finnally felt an increase in power. It's nice!!!!
It's not an massive increase in power, but your never gonna get that on our car without turbo.
The best way to describe it is that the car no longer feels like just any other ordinairy sedan. It feels like it could be a sports car.
I would say it feels like a sports car, but on the grand scheme of things, the car is still slow. But the piggy still gives a little extra grrr.

I only paid $100 for mine, cos i got it used. I don't think i would pay more than $200 for a piggy, only because the power increase isn't really all that much. $300-$400 seems a bit much for the 10hp gain....if that.

still if you can pick one up used, i reccomend it. If not., then just keep saving your money for the turbo.
ONce you got it right it is a noticable difference. Glad you like it.

ROAD/RACE
Old Jun 21, 2007, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

I only paid $100 for mine, cos i got it used. I don't think i would pay more than $200 for a piggy, only because the power increase isn't really all that much. $300-$400 seems a bit much for the 10hp gain....if that
That logic doesn't work right.
That means you wouldn't buy a header because it's over 300$ for about 10hp.
That means you wouldn't buy a ported intake manifold because it's over 300$ for about 10hp.
That means you wouldn't buy a pre-built catback, because it's over 300$ for less than 10hp.

Geez, that doesn't leave much room for any other part you could buy
Old Jun 21, 2007, 06:06 AM
Former Vendor

well a header wouldn't get me 10hp....so no i wouldn't pay $300 for it.
A ported IM wouldn't get me 10hp.......so no i wouldn't pay $300 for it
and a pre-built cat back certainly wouldn't get me 10hp and i wouldn't dream of paying $300 for that

I WOULD however get a custom cat back for $150'ish.
and port my own I/M for free

and i wouldn't bother with a header, cos the only mods i want to do to my car, will build up towards the only mod that gets any real power.....Turbo

Which is why you fools who go out an spend $300 at a time on a 1-2hp mod, are insane.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Soooo anyway...this thread reached it's peak. I don't know what peak...it says it's a review which is not. It's more of an opinion. It sure is not entertaining, but it did become a stupid argument on how much 1hp is worth. I bet, if crypto and blaze would live close to each other and race on regular basis...each one of them would be ready to pay $300 for that one more hp to win the race.

I used crypto and blaze as an example...I don't give a damn if you guys would pay a $1 for a 1hp.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 06:37 AM
Former Vendor

whatever
Old Jun 21, 2007, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Thread ----------------------------------------------> OT

kthxbye
Old Jun 21, 2007, 06:45 AM
Former Vendor

mods. please just clean this up.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Actually, I would tend to disagree with that assessment - even if the Piggyback only provides a 10hp gain I have read in a number of places that it also provides about a 10% increase in fuel economy, so if you are currently sitting at an average of 25 MPG you can find yourself at 27.5 MPG. That doesn't seem like much now, but it will add up in the long run with fuel savings and the part will pay itself off in about a year or so depending on your fuel usage.