Notices

Confirmed: Evo ROM Can Be Flashed to Lancer ECU

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Hmm I would think that all the 03-05 will or can use the same ROM apparently if the 04 works on an 03. Wondering about some of the newer MIVEC lancers...the 06 I think it is?

Aaron
Old Apr 26, 2010, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by link62
im curious on what would happen if it this was done on an auto ecu? would it still control the tranny with the ecu after the flash
I think it'll be easier to flash a manual lancer ROM first and copy over your tune
before flashing the EVO ROM.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

park neutral position switch (pnp switch) senses position of transmission select lever indicating engine load due to auto trans engagement based on this signal ecm/pcm commands iac to increase opening to keep a steady idle, what that tells me is that there will be issues on the manual rom and you'll need to adjust to get an idle ...

just read the mitchell ondemand5 program on the lancer auto trans

the ecu/pcm controls the invecs-II system which consists of the adapative shift control, including the shift solenoids and torque converter clutch (TCC)

So it wont work on an auto equipped lancer Unless you can copy the code from the lancer auto rom and add it to the evo rom

Last edited by turbolancer02; Apr 26, 2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
The pinouts for the A/T ECU are completely different compared to the M/T ECU. This is from the FSM for just the first 12 pins! Sorry A/T Lancers.
Attached Thumbnails Confirmed:  Evo ROM Can Be Flashed to Lancer ECU-capture.png  
Old Apr 26, 2010, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TouringBubble
Senate and RS ... I <3 you guys. I had never thought to try it as the Evos have issues swapping different ROMs back and forth ... some swap, some don't. It was an assumption that the ROMs wouldn't work since the IDs were no where near any Evo ROMs.

Oh, and I didn't see the Tephra ROM info posted here ... you would use the 94170715 V7 (or other Evo VIII ROM), correct?
Got my rom all setup and its idling right now. Im about to go for a drive and do some logging
Old Apr 26, 2010, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Wow.. So this means. for the 4g64 swap, a lancer ecu can be used, just flash the evo rom onto it, disable the imobilizer, etc etc.. and it will be pretty much the same thing. So i can flash an evo rom to my lancer ecu, and use it, and sell the evo ecu to make some cash back from this swap huh.
its genious.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Well getting some hellacious knock counts lol. But never had the evo ecu in long enough to fix that as it was that way too. But tephra Flash CEL on knock works mint!!!! lol
Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by senate6268
The pinouts for the A/T ECU are completely different compared to the M/T ECU. This is from the FSM for just the first 12 pins! Sorry A/T Lancers.
I'm not worried about the different pinouts really.

The cpu port setup still refers to the same places despite the pin outs being different otherwise one of our testers ecu's wouldn't even idle.

I do sense it has some pin to indicate if the car is in drive or not which means the idle stepper tables will need to be reworked to handle this case.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
Well getting some hellacious knock counts lol. But never had the evo ecu in long enough to fix that as it was that way too. But tephra Flash CEL on knock works mint!!!! lol
Be careful out there man

Realize this is a rom from a 2.0L car and the compression is way down compared to you 2.4L guys so on the stroker option alone the timing will be way too high. The low compression of the evo motor allows for some crazier timing.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:32 PM

Well on the a/t issue i had the firmware update and such done and the rom id is now the manual id im have 05 lancer es a/t
Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
Be careful out there man

Realize this is a rom from a 2.0L car and the compression is way down compared to you 2.4L guys so on the stroker option alone the timing will be way too high. The low compression of the evo motor allows for some crazier timing.
Thanks its ok I am not using any of the stock evo timing or fuel, I interpolated my small maps from the lancer ignition and fuel into the big maps, and my 03 is a 2.0L too Damn though its really bad, Im going through my log now and any significant throttle is knock counts in the teens!!!! give more and I see spikes of 30+ not good, I wonder if the knock sensor is defined different on the evos. Also I see 0,0,0,0,148!!!!,0,0,0,0,0 lol

Last edited by 03lances; Apr 26, 2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Just to verify but this is only for turboed lancers correct, or would this work in NA lancers as well? Sorry if its a dumb question but I'll rather ask then be confused.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
Thanks its ok I am not using any of the stock evo timing or fuel, I interpolated my small maps from the lancer ignition and fuel into the big maps, and my 03 is a 2.0L too Damn though its really bad, Im going through my log now and any significant throttle is knock counts in the teens!!!! give more and I see spikes of 30+ not good, I wonder if the knock sensor is defined different on the evos.
Thats a good point it very well could be different than the evos. Fortunatelly we do know how to turn down the noise reading on the knock sensor.

Lets try making the evo not knock with tuning first though. Hows your fuel man, wideband setup and working like it should?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by slatermvp
Just to verify but this is only for turboed lancers correct, or would this work in NA lancers as well? Sorry if its a dumb question but I'll rather ask then be confused.
I don't see why it couldn't but typically you shouldn't need to

It would take alot of maf comp table reworking and maf scaling to make it act like your normal rom though
Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
Thats a good point it very well could be different than the evos. Fortunatelly we do know how to turn down the noise reading on the knock sensor.

Lets try making the evo not knock with tuning first though. Hows your fuel man, wideband setup and working like it should?
Just been watching the gauge I wasnt logging on this first attempt but cant be the fuel it was around 13.5-12.5 when giving only about 30% throttle and getting the knock in the teens

Quick Reply: Confirmed: Evo ROM Can Be Flashed to Lancer ECU