Notices

starting to mod my ES

Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i like my magnaflow catback. throaty for a 5-speed and i dont think its too ricy. im gettingthe megan soon though
Old Jul 19, 2012, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hsve to agree, i just recently installed a magnaflow catback and it sounds great, a real throaty deep sound
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:41 PM

same issue

Hey guys, I know this is an old post but im looking for the same thing. I have a 2011 lancer es. Im looking for an exhaust and intake. And ideas for more simple power solutions, Id like to make the car faster, and do it right. This is the first New car Ive bought.

Any Ideas?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 07:50 AM

im in the same boat your in man. i have a 2010 ES and ive just put rims on it so far. not sur what else i wanna do but the exhaust was my next project. Ive been debating between the Tenabe and Greddy
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by ATaylor
im in the same boat your in man. i have a 2010 ES and ive just put rims on it so far. not sur what else i wanna do but the exhaust was my next project. Ive been debating between the Tenabe and Greddy

I have a 2011 lancer es with k&n drop in filter with a injen ses exhaust and I have to say I'm very pleased with the sound next for me is turbo!
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:08 AM

Next mod should be a flash tune, proven +12hp/+11tq and smoother drivability for 300 bucks, WORKS has one to offer. Also improves gas milage for tip in acceleration, no need to increase octane either.

Definitely the tune would be best bang for buck compared to intake or exhausts you could get, but you get the bling factor with those.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by timereaper
Next mod should be a flash tune, proven +12hp/+11tq and smoother drivability for 300 bucks, WORKS has one to offer. Also improves gas milage for tip in acceleration, no need to increase octane either.

Definitely the tune would be best bang for buck compared to intake or exhausts you could get, but you get the bling factor with those.
You have any more info on that flash tune. Is it available right now?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Heebs 09gts
You have any more info on that flash tune. Is it available right now?
I have it for my lancer GTS, but you can head over to their WORKS website and see what they have to offer. You only need a Tactrix cabloe 2.0 and you can read your ecu file from your car, send to them by e-mail, and they modify your ecu read and e-mail it back. Then you just flash your own car file, less than 30 seconds to read and flash.

WORKS charges 150 for an eco flash and 300 for their high gain flash of 12hp/11tq for 2.0L.

They've had this flash around for the last 4 years.

There are other company's that do the flash, like RPW.

Definitely a tune beats intake and exhaust mods in gains and fuel economy compared to intakes, exhausts, and headers.

If you want more looks than gains go for hardware, if you want maximum hp/tq gains and best bang for buck definitely tune.

Last edited by timereaper; Nov 12, 2012 at 05:33 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by timereaper
I have it for my lancer GTS, but you can head over to their WORKS website and see what they have to offer. You only need a Tactrix cabloe 2.0 and you can read your ecu file from your car, send to them by e-mail, and they modify your ecu read and e-mail it back. Then you just flash your own car file, less than 30 seconds to read and flash.

WORKS charges 150 for an eco flash and 300 for their high gain flash of 12hp/11tq for 2.0L.

They've had this flash around for the last 4 years.

There are other company's that do the flash, like RPW.

Definitely a tune beats intake and exhaust mods in gains and fuel economy compared to intakes, exhausts, and headers.

If you want more looks than gains go for hardware, if you want maximum hp/tq gains and best bang for buck definitely tune.
That sounds awesome, exactly what I need. So my car is still drivable while I wait for the flash to come back? How much does it cost to buy a "Tactrix cabloe 2.0", are there any other machines that can be used to do this.

So you have the high gain flash for your car (gts 2.0 or 2.4?) Do they make it for the 2.4? And do you notice a big difference in power gains?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Heebs 09gts
That sounds awesome, exactly what I need. So my car is still drivable while I wait for the flash to come back? How much does it cost to buy a "Tactrix cabloe 2.0", are there any other machines that can be used to do this.

So you have the high gain flash for your car (gts 2.0 or 2.4?) Do they make it for the 2.4? And do you notice a big difference in power gains?
They do tunes for the 2.4L also, but they have taken down the page for it due to listing error and have yet to put it back up. The price is the same for 2.0L.

On the 2.4L you can find dyno's on youtube of aproximately 18hp/17tq gains. The car after tune drives and feels a lot smoother, and less jerky. There is a new feeling of lightness in tip in acceleration where the car does not feel as heavy as before. After 3000rpm the car feels a new sense of urgency. The tune also can modify your top end red line and take off speed limiter if you ask the guys at WORKS you want it.

You just read your factory ECU with the tactrix 2.0 cable, it does not affect your day to day driving since you do not need to remove your ECU from your car, nor does it lock your ecu after reading. It is just like reading the file on a computer, reading it and burning a copy/image of it for yourself. Since the company will tune the copy file you send them, it will have 100% compatibility with your car since the file they modify will come from your car.

At the moment I spoke with WORKS only the TACTRIX 2.0 cable will work for now (probably forseeable future) or you send them your ECU which really is not an option for us daily drivers.

The cable itself costs 169+adapters (20) + shipping that ships from california.

I do have one for sale in Toronto, Canada for 150+shipping if you want mine. I just got my cable 2 months ago.

It really isn't bad even if you buy the cable 200+300 for tune. But of course if someone has the cable, you save yourself from buying one.

Last edited by timereaper; Nov 13, 2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 06:32 PM

I have a megnaflow muffler on mine. It's more rumbley than loud, but very aggressive sounding. I want a greddy after seeing and hearing them on es models now however
Old Mar 4, 2015, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by biggiesmalls3
I have a 2010 Lancer ES , can't imagine its too much different, but I have alot done to my car, I don't have a exhaust, I was looking for a axleback kinda, but I am just stuck thinking what kind of sound I want, I DO NOT WANT A ANNOYING RICER SOUND.... lol
Do what I did, to start, do a cat back exhaust with a high performance magnaflow muffler, then cut your resonator off. It sounds beautiful
Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:26 AM

I Got a RRM 4-1 Header with Highflow cat to 2 1/2" custom exhaust with Injen Muffler. Sounds good, its throaty and it's loud. A CAI or Short Ram will change the tone of the Exhaust a little, I have a Hps Short ram.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:38 PM

Post ES Mods

So I too am modding my ES. I've already put in a K&N cold air intake and have put a stock body kit on, but I was thinking about getting a performance exhaust system. I've been thinking of getting a catback magnaflow, but am afraid of a ricer sound. I've heard that the Greddy SE is a good option, but all I've seen so far are Axle-back versions, not a full catback. I'm trying to increase my horsepower as much as possible, and the magnaflow would give me an extra 11. I don't want too loud of an exhaust because I live in a VERY quiet neighborhood. Anyone have any opinions on what to do?

Also I read a few of the other replies, and am now considering the WORKS flash. It's a good deal, all I need is the cable. Is the flashing process fairly easy? I'm new to the whole game of modding lancers. Does the flashing process come with instructions or is there a good video about the process?

Last edited by lancergirl3; Dec 11, 2017 at 12:54 PM. Reason: more info