Notices

Purchased 2017 ES LE Need MOD help.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2017, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Purchased 2017 ES LE Need MOD help.

I purchased a new 2017 Lancer ES Limited Edition, It has the 2.0L Engine with the 5 speed.

I purchased the car brand new its my dream car everything about it is exactly the way I wanted it to be, Except for a few small things, I don't want to void the warranty on the car.

I want to make the car sound a little better, I know that putting an aftermarket exhaust on the car will void the warranty, But will a Muffler do that? Just having a better sound will keep me content until i am sure the car is solid for the mods.

Another thing is the stereo, The stereo in my lancer is complete crap, It has the 7" touch screen and I am wanting to put a set of 12" Subs into the trunk. With that being said I would like to wire the sound system into the factory deck is this a possibility to do without voiding the warranty? If so, How do I go about doing this. I have done stereo installations before but on nothing this new, I want to insure that everything i am doing is legal to the warranty standards if possible.

Thanks in Advance!
Old Mar 1, 2018, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So first off, i have an aftermarket system in my car, you will need something called a "line out converter" to tie into the stock harness so it can create the aux ports for your amp, the factory deck does not have these ports thus its required to do this, it will not void any warranty as i was told by my dealership.

The exhaust is just a bolt on part and i dont see it causing any issues with warranty. i want to do that also just haven't found any exhaust mods i want to put on.