Notices

Dedicated N/A ROM tuning thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 91 Likes on 60 Posts
Hi Moss507,

Your ROM is version 55170010. Have a real good search for an existing definition for it and if you luck out, let me know.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definition

Hello @jajk I cannot find the definition online after searching various forums and websites. If you could help me out that would be amazing.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 01:39 PM

Re

Soo... ive tried youre rom jajk and unfortunately she dosent work at all !! i have and error log in ecu flash !! something like security change in rom !!! flash abort !! dont know exactly what the message but something like that ....

I tried your 4b12mt rom at thread 86 aprox ... and she seem too being able to flash !!! i have flashed it on spare ecu that ive got !! and everything flash ... the engine start perfetly but on load at Neutral position the cars seem too respond weird a bit !! I assume this is normal cause i have a 4b11 and i flashed de 4b12 rom

Can i use youre 4b12 rom for my 4b11 and retune it ? is this ok ? or the rom containt error and + sensor on it ??

I really need to get my a/f maping and ignition map ..copy and paste on youre 4b12 rom ? is that enough or i missed something

Thank a lot jajk
Old Sep 28, 2018, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Moss507, I will have a look.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

ll3mike3ll, it is very complicated to convert 4B12 tune to 4B11 tune - better to find a 4B11 ROM which will flash. Plenty to choose from.....
Give this one a go...it is 2012 4B11 USDM 5MT (fed spec)
Attached Files
File Type: zip
59490005.zip (358.8 KB, 0 views)
Old Sep 29, 2018, 02:57 AM
Evolving Member

Moss507,

Here is the start of a def to get you going. Main tuning maps are identified but axis not correct obviously.

For the general audience: Getting flames to shoot out the tailpipe requires that you remove the cat first and it is not tuning, it is severe detuning for those who prefer show over go
Attached Files
File Type: xml
55170010 4B11.xml (32.4 KB, 0 views)
Old Sep 29, 2018, 08:27 AM

Re

Ok ! here what i got whit youre new rom !! ecu flash log tell ... Error the rom you are trying to flash content change in protected area !! .... Can i assume that de calif spec ecu got some protected area to not being able to flash an Fed spec rom ? or its the rom id are too far for my 2009 ecu ?

Dammit that pissed me off cause i really need to tune this car !!! i have all the turbo kit from a 09 ralli art !!

Somethig alert me from my question above ?

Why i can flash an tephra Xv1 whitout any problem ? cause i think de Xv1 are from fed spec if im right

My qyestion : The tephra Xv1 will do the right thing for me ? if i put my Ra turbo kit on my lancer

In the best i want a 4b11 rom wich i can tune for my ra turbo kit but... if im not wrong de Xv1 will do it right too !! That really weird seriously cause i can flash youre 4b12 5mt rom in my ecu whitout any problem ... and the car start too but run weird under load ( no i did not floor it ahaha !!! juste blip gas test to see )

Please jajk help me whit that fuc*** problem Why you tell me earlier that the calif spec are no interest to tune it ? if i remove cat etc
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:01 AM

Some picture

Here the turbo kit !!
i got one td04h and one td05 h

Old Sep 29, 2018, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

ll3mike3ll, I hope you realize a 4B11 engine is different to a 4B11T engine?
The cali spec ROM works with 3 O2 sensors, not the 2 of fed spec ROMs. Most calibrations (tuning) are subtly different making it a pain to get back the missing power. I am guessing the cali spec ROM is a 4B12 ROM with 4B11 calibrations to get the functionality of having an egr valve???
An evo/ralliart ROM needs the different MAP/MAT sensor wired into the ecu to work and will be expecting the timings of evo cams and sprockets.
So now that you have revealed your plan to turn this into a turbo, your best bet going forward is indeed to install a evo/ralliart ROM and detune it for a max of 5 psi boost unless you want a window into the inner workings of your engine to appear?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 03:08 PM

Jajk. Thank you for taking the time to write up a definition for my lancer. I really appreciate it. However I've run into a few problems with it. Upon opening it in ECUflash to view the tables the values seem to be all messed up, and there also seems to be missing data and tables. Is this because the axis is not correct? I've attached a few screenshots of the issues I've encountered.

There looks to be missing map columns here.

And the RPM and LOAD columns are all messed up.

Here I also noticed that under the ROM info is outputting some false information. The car is a USDM 2010 Lancer ES with a 5 speed, and a 4b11 engine.

Old Oct 1, 2018, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Mos507, I said the axis will not be correct - that takes a lot more work to correctly identify them.
The fuel calibration table looks like that - it is correct.
The ROM info is showing the donor def I used - edit it to suit your vehicle.
Not all maps are correct....just the main tuning maps. If it doesn't look right, don't use it.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 08:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Some problems

Hi jajk!
Listening to your command, I recently recorded some data and found that there was concentrated knocking around RPM3200 and load100%. How can I adjust to eliminate these knocks? Can you help me? What does Octane mean? Is the ECU virtual octane?
Thank you!

Attached Files
File Type: csv
log0001.csv (765.1 KB, 0 views)
Old Oct 9, 2018, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Gentlme,
Your spark maps contain values that are impossible to run without massive knock and will kill your engine. Low octane map should not be edited - leave it stock.
Where did these crazy values come from? Looks like something a fake "Pro Tuner" would do - plenty of those around......
Put maps back to stock and start again.
The Octane parameter logged is an indication of how far the ecu is interpolating between hi octane map and low octane map. Octane level is reduced when knocksum hits 5 and returned when knocksum drops below 3 after a waiting period.
As an example: The 4B12 on normal fuel should not be running more that 23 degrees ign advance at 6600rpm 90~100 load. If you think a 10.5:1 compression engine can run heaps more advance on ordinary pump gas, think again.....
Also....If the mivec maps are bringing on too much intake advance too soon or too much exhaust retard in the wrong areas, knocking will become problematic. If mivec maps are altered, AFR readings are drastically changed too which is why I talked about checking what your front O2 sensor is up to on a WOT run. Guaranteed lean spots if you do not look and correct the situation
Old Oct 16, 2018, 06:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thank you jajk
I changed from 4b10 to 4b12, there is no inventory ROM, this ROM is adjusted by a third party, now copy some maps from your original ROM, such as warm and cold intake map, exhaust map, Gaoxin Alkaline ignition map, low octane ignition map, I made some records, showing that the knockback returned to normal, reduced to 7 knocks. I am trying to adjust from your stock chart. Is the unit of the intake and exhaust value "degree"?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Hi Gentlme,
Yes intake and exhaust values are in degrees.
Check all 4 ignition maps (ecomode maps too) are put back to stock and MAF calibration map is stock also. That one is a favorite for fake tuners to modify (wrongly).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dedicated N/A ROM tuning thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.