Dedicated N/A ROM tuning thread - Page 19 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices

Dedicated N/A ROM tuning thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 03:47 AM
Sit

[QUOTE = jajk; 11856354] Можете ли вы опубликовать журнал WOT на 2-й передаче с 2000 - максимальные обороты в минуту, показывающие фактическое время мивека и зажигания на вашей лучшей мелодии? [/ QUOTE]

Yes, but later, we now have snow. By the way gasoline with an octane rating of 95

I do all the logs on the 3 gear. I can post them
Old Jan 12, 2019, 04:43 AM
Evolving Member

Sit, 95 octane an -20C temps? Can you run that timing in summer? Do you reduce knock sensor sensitivity too?
If you have a 3rd gear WOT log with mivec actuals, ign timing etc. would be nice to see. Problem with showing mivec maps is they can bear no resemblance to what is actually happening.
I will publish the method to actually calibrate the mivecs at some later date.......maybe.... another free lunch for the a$$hole "pro tuners"
I peak out at 23 degrees timing @ 6750 with 91 octane and 31C with 80% humidity at the moment....cold air intake doesn't reach all the way to Russia
Old Jan 13, 2019, 06:35 AM
Sit

Stock miveck with tune AFR and timing

Old Jan 13, 2019, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by sit View Post
stock miveck with tune afr and timing

Лучше логи кноков и октана покажи с такими углами)))) А залить стереть адаптации и пронатьпна стенде это ничего не показывает.
Old Today, 01:47 PM
Sit

jajk ,
как вы думаете, какой ROM лучше для нас, 51420011 , 53770002 or 53770004 ??? Many tuners from Russia for some reason prefer Rom Outlander XL 51420011

Last edited by Sit; Today at 02:30 PM.
Old Today, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

Sit, tuners prefer whatever they are familiar with or have a definition for.
I know these ROMs quite well and can say that the earlier ROMs all the way to the most recent (2017), share the same basic coding. What changes is the refinement of the tune is improved over the years or features are utilized that were always available but ignored in early tunes.
The 53770002/4 ROM falls in the category of a basic tuned ROM which is easy for tuners but not necessarily better than 59780002 for instance. If you know how to manipulate added features of later ROMs, like controlled throttle v RPM maximum openings or speed related limits etc. then the later ROMs are superior. If you do not know, the later ROMs will give you a headache and slower car.... Some tuner will use 4B11 ROMs for 4B12 to avoid dealing with torque limiting (ign retard) and EGR etc. in 4B12 ROMs. 51420011 is useful because Russia did not get any 4B12 Lancer to take ROM from (not trusted with more power) and this was the first 4B12 ROM easily available.
So the ultimate answer is......the less knowledgeable the tuner, the older the ROM he will use. Unfortunately, everything came from the original breakthrough work of ClubCJ Lancer (Australia of course) and then was messed around with by the evoX community for years. The NA Lancer definition and knowledge is extremely neglected. I have had to trawl my way through mountains of bug ridden defs and code to get a better understanding with the help from a very small core of like-minded enthusiasts...thanks goes out to them.
What is really annoying is the amount of "pro tuners"/software companies that are taking money off suckers for the same old recycled defs from ClubCJ with the tell-tale non-existent "Evap Maps" and tuning maps copied from evos. If you are going to take money off someone - do some work for it you lazy bastards!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to jajk For This Useful Post:
mikeooo (Today)