Notices

2011 GTS CVT Ignition Timing Tune Assistance

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 GTS CVT Ignition Timing Tune Assistance

Hey all, first post here

I have a daily driven '11 GTS (CVT trans ) with these mods: RRM Headers (mid pipe cat still present due to emissions), deleted resonator, Tsudo N1 Axel-back, and a DC SRI.
Just ordered a tactrix openport 2.0 the other day and am looking for the most optimal way to change the ignition timing on decel so that it makes pops/ bangs, etc.
If any of you can help me out with the steps in order to achieve this or if it is even possible with my set up it'd be much appreciated i.e. what maps to use and which values to input.

Thanks,
Tyler
Old Mar 25, 2019, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Data log on decel, make note of which cells you're hitting on decel, then retard the ignition in those cells in the primary ignition table.
Btw, those pops will turn that cat into a test pipe faster than you can say emissions testing.
The following users liked this post:
dailygts (Mar 25, 2019)
Old Mar 25, 2019, 01:21 PM

So something like "-10" through rpm range 2250-5500 okay? As long as it looks like a cat right?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dailygts
So something like "-10" through rpm range 2250-5500 okay? As long as it looks like a cat right?
I'd start with higher numbers and gradually reduce by about 2-3 until you get the result you want. This will put a significant amount of heat into your exhaust, so for a daily driver I'd go with the "less is more" approach.

I blew my cat out with rolling anti-lag so now it's just a test pipe that looks like a cat. I've yet to fail emissions, but don't tell anyone ;P
Old Mar 25, 2019, 01:34 PM

Gotcha, and to be clear because I don't want to do something stupid and blow my **** up, you mean higher number as in for example -5? and not higher as in -15 because logically that would retard the timing even more right?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dailygts
Gotcha, and to be clear because I don't want to do something stupid and blow my **** up, you mean higher number as in for example -5? and not higher as in -15 because logically that would retard the timing even more right?
Yeah, sorry, it's a bit confusing the way I worded it. Start with less retard, then retard more. You won't blow anything up with too much retard on decel. I have however cracked turbine volutes and exhaust hardware with excessive banging.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 09:29 AM

Alright so my tactix cable came in and I downloaded ecuflash. How do I get the definitions to edit the ecu? I forgot to mention I'm completely new to this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 06:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello,

I have a 2012 Lancer SE CVT, and i would like to do the same thing. Did you figure out how to do it?