EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Engine Management / Tuning Forums (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-engine-management-tuning-forums-175/)
-   -   Ipad vs Galaxy Tablet (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-engine-management-tuning-forums/568599-ipad-vs-galaxy-tablet.html)

steven121 Aug 6, 2011 02:03 PM

Ipad vs Galaxy Tablet

Cant decide which one to get, It will be replacing my laptop and I will be using it for tuning as well.

Does anyone know which one is better and what has tuning capabilities?

Galaxy tab
pros - Bigger brighter screen, Thinner, flash compatible
Cons - Not alot of apps, no usb ports on the tablet. Not sure if evo scan/ecuflash is compatible

Ipad 2
Pros - evoscan ready, more apps, little thicker less damage done
Cons - Not as bright, not sure if there are usb ports on the ipad, not sure if its ecu flash ready, not flash compatible

I rarely use my laptop for anything else besides internet and tuning. So just want something a little new and a little lighter than the laptop

Green_Bandit Aug 8, 2011 01:55 PM

The ipad is compatible with Ecu flash?! What about evoscan?

But the ipad does not have a USB port.

steven121 Aug 8, 2011 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Green_Bandit (Post 9518956)
The ipad is compatible with Ecu flash?! What about evoscan?

But the ipad does not have a USB port.

Is there a usb to usb connector or something? Im going to look at evo scan again for ipad compatilibilty

Green_Bandit Aug 8, 2011 06:48 PM

No, not really for the ipad. They only have a 30 pin port on the bottom. Then you have to buy $40 adapters to get it to read SD cards and cameras. From my knowledge of them I highly doubt you're going to be able to edit and stuff with it. I may be wrong, but I've dealt with them quite a bit.

ryancb Aug 9, 2011 02:02 PM

You can get a usb connection on the ipad the camera kit has two adapters for the dock connector. One for SD and the other for USB. If either work for logging im in heaven since i have an ipad mount to the right of my gauges. Details on this please.

Pirana Aug 9, 2011 04:25 PM

To me there is no comparison. iPad is way better. But does have its backdraws...no flash and way more expensive.

burner67 Aug 10, 2011 12:33 AM

i wouldnt get apple personally. but its a clean and organized piece of tech. just to controlled for my liking and overpriced.

i wish evoscan was on DROID already ughh

Green_Bandit Aug 10, 2011 11:54 AM

So i take it there is an evoscan and ecuflash app? If not how are you getting those on the pad? It only works off of apps and select other apple programs. Its not like you stick in a CD on your PC to download the software to transfer to the ipad. Either you're a business and have them taylor made to your software needs or youre a consumer and live in their app garden.

thenatureboyjs Oct 30, 2011 01:23 PM

i think for tablet ipad is better;)