Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

4B11 Pistons

Old Jun 29, 2008, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4B11 Pistons

I know this has been talked about, but I have to know if anyone plans to make a lower compression piston for the 4B11 Lancer. Because to me , what is the point of adding force induction on the engine when I can have the full potential? If there is a way to have the custom made how do I go about doing that? Who do I call?
Old Jun 30, 2008, 12:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think someone made pistons for the 4B11T that had the same compression ratio as a stock evo X, but stronger. I think it was AMS but im only like 20% sure it was them.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

I think that even for the Evo there is not a lot of aftermarket internal parts that already been made for the engine. So we gonna wait a lot :S
I'm still waiting for a (about 260whp ) stage 2 ? Turbo kit going out.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 08:14 PM

I don't know if this will help but I've been researching the mess out of the new lancers online because i'm planning on getting one. JUN & Buschur have a kit coming out or it may already be out for the Evo X:

AMS: http://www.amsperformance.com/store/...oducts_id=1919
JUN: http://www.junauto.co.jp/news/index-e.html?000076
Buschur: https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...96b2da934d27c7

Another question how compatible are Evo parts for the GTS?

Last edited by mahleek20; Jul 1, 2008 at 12:14 AM.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

I am not knowledgeable at all about pistons. After reading the info that mahleek20 found, I was wondering; does this essentially change the displacement to be compariable to the 4B12 (2.4 liter)? Maybe someone with a understanding can better explain what these upgraded pistons would exactly do, and what we could expect as far as gains. Thanks for the help!
Old Jul 1, 2008, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BABYGOTBACK
I am not knowledgeable at all about pistons. After reading the info that mahleek20 found, I was wondering; does this essentially change the displacement to be compariable to the 4B12 (2.4 liter)? Maybe someone with a understanding can better explain what these upgraded pistons would exactly do, and what we could expect as far as gains. Thanks for the help!
Yes it would be nice to see what type of gains this would do for us. From what i can gather the only thing making our engines different are the pistons
Old Jul 1, 2008, 08:24 AM

So I guess that means that the Evo and the GTS share compatibility because of the engine. So we can use Evo parts right?
Old Jul 1, 2008, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

well, the 2008 models and the evo x essentially share an engine. 4B11 vs 4B11T. As far as i know, the evo parts should be pretty much upgrades of our parts and would make sense if they fit together properly.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

I remember reading somewhere that the 4b12 engine has also been bored to a larger diameter, I think by like 2 mm. Not sure how much extra displacement new pistons would give you. But if you really wanted to, you could get your engine bored out and get the 4b12 pistons...but there would be a lot of other questions there that i can't answer.

As for the EVO X parts, some of the internals have also changed. There is a tech video out there that talks about the differences in the 4b11 and the 4b11t.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

So back to my original question: what exactly do pistons do for you, and how does it improve your performance? They are only about $600.00 on those sites, so price is not a real concern compared to other bolt-on's that do little or nothing.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Also while we are on the topic of "INTERNALS", what does a upgraded camshaft do? Sorry for the ignorance, but there are some real knowledgeable people on this forum!
Old Jul 2, 2008, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Also while we are on the topic of "INTERNALS", what does a upgraded camshaft do? Sorry for the ignorance, but there are some real knowledgeable people on this forum!
Im with you on that, anyone with some knowledge of this please give us your wisdom. This could end up answering alot of questions on the topic of internal upgrades to our 4B11.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 09:04 AM

+1 teach us
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Ok, so after looking at the 3, changing just the pistons wont really get you anything. Actually you'll probably lose some cuz your decreasing your compression ratio.

As for the JUN kit, you would gain hp and torque with it since your upping your displacement, what exactly you would gain I can't say.

As for the camshaft. Different camshafts can effect your timing differently. If you got something for racing, it would give you a lot better performance in the higher range of the rpms, but on the street your engine will sound like its shooting itself.

Do a google search on some of this stuff and you can find lots of info.

Hope that helps.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check this out... helped me understand a bit more

http://www.tprmag.com/issue/6/6_forged_perf.shtml

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4B11 Pistons