Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

2011 Lancer GTS upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Lancer GTS upgrades

Im looking to possibly purchase a performance chip for my car but after looking at some reviews and videos of dino testing it seems that a lot of the ones in my price range are all falsely advertised. I don't wanna spend much more than about $150 all together and would like to install myself if applicable. Any suggestions on some reliable parts?
Old Jan 15, 2016, 06:30 AM

It's hard to buy any quality performance upgrades for $150, but look online for some deals. I purchased the WORKS Brain Flash P1 ($299.00) and the RRM Short Ram Intake (eBay for ~$150.00) and have really enjoyed the results. It is hard to garner considerable gains from a stock NA car like the GTS, but WORKS quoted ~20hp and 18tq gains with their flash tune (depending upon your octane selection, mods, etc.) I attest I do feel an increase in power, but whether or not I've attained those marks is hard to say. I really enjoy the sound of the RRM SRI though and it's probably my favorite mod to date.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 09:03 AM

Well I currently have an Injen Ram intake and a Tseudo2 cat-back exhaust, nothing too fancy. I may have been out of line with the pricing of $150 b/c of my inexperience with aftermarket parts on cars. I should have started with the question, What would be some good first aftermarket upgrades to the car to give it more get up and go?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 06:01 AM

Honestly, there aren't a wealth of options for making the Lancers faster without forced induction (turbo or supercharger). You can do all the simple bolt-ons (like exhaust and intake), a tune, lighter crank pulley, short shifter and poly/metal bushings, suspension work (lowering springs/coils, passive bars, active bars) and anything else you think would increase the quality of your ride.

I understand Lancers are NOT evos nor should they be considered a any sort of racecar... so with that in mind, I'm perfectly happy with my tune, intake, upgraded rear swaybar, and short shifter with poly bushings. I think I'd like to also add a little rumble to the rear so I may purchase the WORKS replacement for the stock muffler. I don't want to go full blown exhaust with this car and I'd rather have something quieter than my last vehicle.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:19 AM

Just like jtgrenie and clark said, its tough for a gts. Most mods here are purely cosmetic, and for pure noise really. You can't expect too much from a NA lancer, so start with the basics with tint, exhaust, intake, etc
Old Mar 24, 2016, 04:49 PM

^agreed thats what i did tint exhaust and intake. Im not big on lowering cuz i take my car hunting so im always hopping high curbs to park on the side of roads(until i get a truck) but our cars do look really nice when there lowered. I wouldnt trust a chip u could buy for $100 tho, that says its going to give our car 20hp gains lol for all we know we could end up losing hp
Old Jun 19, 2018, 06:26 PM

Pretty much what you all are saying is that there is no other way of making my car faster unless I put in a turbo ? I just don’t see the point in getting a cold air intake , muffler etc. if so . How does those parts help my car with hp and performance?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 06:28 PM

Do you all know the amount of watts the stock headunit can take and if I’d need a amp if i were so too get 4 new speakers for my GTS .(Hifonics ZS65C) to be specific??