EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Engine Tech (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-engine-tech-56/)
-   -   Intake Manifold Comparison (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-engine-tech/232033-intake-manifold-comparison.html)

Mirage4g93 Oct 29, 2006 05:05 PM

Intake Manifold Comparison

I was interested in ordering a intake manifold upgrade for my lancer oz, and I emailed rrm to get there opinion on there kit vs. a2 designs and this is what they said, what do you guys think because I really want to do this for my first mod? I'm looking specifically at a stage 2.

Thanks

This is what i sent:

well Ive been wanting to upgrade my intake manifold for some time, I have an 03 usdm 2.0 lancer, non-evo. Anyway im trying to decide wether to buy your manifold, or a2 designs. What kind of power gain will I notice? Is there better throttle response?

I am really interested upgrading this part, I just got back from Iraq so I really want to get things going asap.
Thanks for your time,

This is what they said:

You will get good throttle response and h.p. gains with our manifold without having to do tuning and buy exepensiver other components. A2 is functional looking but has to require a great deal more to tune and make it i run without stalling. This a serious drawback on all the A2 stuff. It is kinda all a gimmick.

Grey_Fox Oct 29, 2006 05:59 PM

A2 uses the 4G93 IM

Read up on it here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=217022
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=125135

Also PM prench (he runs A2 Designs) for his stand on the differences.

crypto Oct 29, 2006 07:40 PM

don't nessecerily believe what RRM told you, there is VERY little information about A2 products, it was only discovered a couple of weeks ago. For RRM to make assumptions about their stuff is pretty stupid, saying as the only person who has bought any type of intake upgrade from them is still yet to recieve the product or install it.

Look that the above threads and make your own mind up, also contact prench. He will give you the details on his products.

all i've got to say is........Shame on RRM

N1te Oct 30, 2006 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mirage4g93
This is what they said:

You will get good throttle response and h.p. gains with our manifold without having to do tuning and buy exepensiver other components. A2 is functional looking but has to require a great deal more to tune and make it i run without stalling. This a serious drawback on all the A2 stuff. It is kinda all a gimmick.

RRM would you please post about how you think their stuff is a gimmick? I don't want to be scammed out of my money and I'm not sure which company to go with. Also, have you tested any of their products and tried to tune with them? If they use the MAF just as you guys do how is there any difference between using a ported 4g93 manifold with a throttle body and yours... both products are putting more air to the engine without a tune so why does yours not require tuning?

crypto Oct 30, 2006 08:07 AM

if they both a bored the same, and they both use the MAF. there would be almost no difference. it's all bull crap.

the only difference is the price and value for money.

Shingen Oct 30, 2006 09:12 AM

I would also like to know why RRM's is better because the 4g93 is better in it's stock form over a bored 4g94. With a ported 4g93 it then exceeds another ported intake manifold, save for RPW's custom intake manifold.

I'm at a loss how RRM could say that a bored fuel rail, which they themselves offer, a ported 4g93 manifold, a cold air intake, which RRM also offers, and a fuel pressure regulator some how constitute a need for a tune over what the stock ECU can handle...

I'm running a RRM SRI and a ported 4g93 manifold... does that mean that I need a tune? I'm really worried!!!

Fox

drucea Oct 30, 2006 09:28 AM

nno you dont need a tune. Its all marketing. A2 is offering the bored manifold (better than a bored 4g94), the fuel rail, and bored throttle body, all jet coated, for a cheaper price than RRMs one maifold alone. I believe someone else has gotten and installed their A2 manifold, but a stage 2. I am awaiting my stage 3 (twin throttle body) and will post results as soon as I get it.

crypto Oct 30, 2006 10:13 AM

yeh RRM are just bull****ting. until we have some people on here who have actually tried A2's stuff and gotten firm results. there is really no way to says if it is better or worse than RRM.
all we know is it is MUCH BETTER value for money because of the other parts included

Shingen Oct 30, 2006 01:57 PM

I wonder if RRM is going to respond?

Fox

crypto Oct 30, 2006 02:15 PM

probably not, but someone should email them anyway

Mirage4g93 Oct 30, 2006 03:07 PM

I haven't really ever dealt with rrm before so i dont know much about them. From your guys posts it kinda appears its not out of the norm for them to automatically talk down a competitors product without backing with facts. Am I reading into that more than I should or what. I like to know that my hard earned cash is going to something that said company has facts to back their position.

Thanks for all your responses. At this point I think I am going to lean toward the A2 IM.

Blacksheepdj Oct 30, 2006 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mirage4g93
I haven't really ever dealt with rrm before so i dont know much about them. From your guys posts it kinda appears its not out of the norm for them to automatically talk down a competitors product without backing with facts. Am I reading into that more than I should or what. I like to know that my hard earned cash is going to something that said company has facts to back their position.

Thanks for all your responses. At this point I think I am going to lean toward the A2 IM.

Yes, that's what we're saying. If RRM doesn't buy out the competition, they down-talk them. They're the Microsoft of the Lancer world.

Get the A2. The 4G93 manifold they sell is far-and-away better than the bored stocker that RRM sells. The 4G93 one flows much better than our stocker does.

crypto Oct 30, 2006 07:06 PM

well with A2 partnering with accolade, things look to get pretty interesting. maybe we could see some competition, possibly some price drops. this is all good stuff for us the consumer

Walkingchaos Oct 30, 2006 07:21 PM

lets hear it for price drops!!! id love to see some good soild competition knock the prices down a bit .

Dave@Accolade Oct 30, 2006 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Walkingchaos
lets hear it for price drops!!! id love to see some good soild competition knock the prices down a bit .

+1 *Chants* How low can you go.. how low can you go.. :lol:

I know A2 is just getting started so give them some time, im sure eventually they will become vendors here.. and do wonders.