EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Engine Tech (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-engine-tech-198/)
-   -   DIY EVO X hood scoop!! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-engine-tech/454684-diy-evo-x-hood-scoop.html)

ziftawi Oct 25, 2009 09:01 AM

DIY EVO X hood scoop!!

5 Attachment(s)
Well couldn't afford an EVO hood so made my own. A friend of mine who builds Mitsubishi race cars(he's the same one who changed my 1.5L 4a91 to the 2.0 4B11) said he could do it, so I crossed my fingers and let him do it, I was scared at the thought of cutting open the hood to be honest. Then had the RRM FED headers installed into my PZEV CVT(with some modification of course), RRM timing module and to top it off TEINS springs. I think I'm about done with car except maybe a turbo kit, but I will wait till next summer when maybe some other kits come out to compare with RRM's. Just one other thing the headers and timing module do make a difference. I feel like a kid again!!:lol:

cRc`22 Oct 26, 2009 04:40 PM

wheres the side vents? looks kinda weird with just the duct

JHizzle Oct 26, 2009 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by cRc`22 (Post 7653846)
wheres the side vents? looks kinda weird with just the duct

x2, looks really bad without the rest of it..

Xterminater Oct 26, 2009 08:46 PM

i like the projector..... how u get it? also the dual muffler is that custom?

JHizzle Oct 26, 2009 11:33 PM

i can tell you from looking at it the projectors are oem probably got it with the touring package and of course the duals are custom.

ziftawi Oct 27, 2009 06:56 PM

Thanks, the side vents are next, I wanted to get the main scoop on first and see how it goes. The projectors are an option here. The exhaust was evo_souls idea that he posted a while back, it sounds nice with the headers, really deep.

PaperClip Oct 27, 2009 07:01 PM

looks good so far :)

Xterminater Oct 28, 2009 06:36 AM

how much does those projector cost from the dealer as a touring package option? i dont think the US have them, well my dealer doesn't mention anything! Also could you post a link to evosoul's dual muffler idea?

ShadowES Oct 28, 2009 06:41 AM

is that the stock bumper? i ask because it has two places for the exhaust then on the stock de/es/gts.

BABYGOTBACK Oct 28, 2009 05:27 PM

It looks to me like those fake vents that people put on their hoods, that do not actually enter the engine cavity. Just doesn't look right to me; but to each his own. As long as you are happy.

BABYGOTBACK Oct 28, 2009 05:29 PM

You say you can't afford a EVO hood, but you can afford a turbo???? Interesting.....

NSS Oct 28, 2009 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by BABYGOTBACK (Post 7662429)
You say you can't afford a EVO hood, but you can afford a turbo???? Interesting.....

x2

ziftawi Oct 29, 2009 10:08 AM

Everyone is a psychiatrist now! I just posted to get an opinion on the scoop and show that yes it can be done for a $100. I am out of work right now, but hopefully next summer I will do my own turbo kit when I am working again. I guess its back to 9glancer!

BABYGOTBACK Oct 29, 2009 12:21 PM

^ You gonna take your ball and go home? You ask for opinions, here something you don't like, and can't take the comments???? Need a box a of tissues to take with you to go back to 9glancer?

Greedy_son Oct 29, 2009 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by ziftawi (Post 7664603)
Everyone is a psychiatrist now! I just posted to get an opinion on the scoop and show that yes it can be done for a $100. I am out of work right now, but hopefully next summer I will do my own turbo kit when I am working again. I guess its back to 9glancer!

Ive seen alot worse then what was posted above.
You gave your point of view of why you dont have a turbo so that clears everything up, no need to go running back to 9g lol.

Good start, looks clean, just need the two other vents.