Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Buscher's Aug 12-14 DSM shootout, no 4g94's allowed!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2005, 03:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buscher's Aug 12-14 DSM shootout, no 4g94's allowed!

That's right folks, he even said if ya come and attempt to race in any way, he will throw you out and not refund your money All this is posted in this thread over at his forums. I finally got to meet the guy in person yesterday at the shootout in Norwalk, and all I got to say is I think he is a little cocky, and thinks his sh*t doesn't stink and that he's better than anyone else. Definately not the Dave Buscher I expected after reading about him in here. Anyway, I don't care how good his products are, I'm now having second thoughts about purchasing anything from him, as I was considering his catback as a future upgrade.
I don't care if he ever lets 4g94's race at his events again, but a smart ****, cocky s.o.b. doesn't deserve my business. My 2c worth.

Last edited by Slovak; Apr 16, 2005 at 01:57 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 04:42 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*sigh* i guess thats what you get when you work with evo's all the time, no respect for anything else

maybe he didn't want someone's lancer like omarboy's showing up and schooling his precious evo's LOL
Old Apr 16, 2005, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

I edit my opinion :P

Lack of knowledge I guess ......

Last edited by gregivq; Apr 16, 2005 at 11:58 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I'd really like to know how you formed this opinion of me.

The shootout we do in August was started 15 years ago. It was a DSM only event. When we started doing the event the DSM's were all powered by 4G63's. The 4G63 is the engine we have worked with almost exclusively for the last 16 years.

As time progressed the 2g's ended up using a NT Chrysler engine. Those cars were allowed to attend the shootout but had to run in the Bracket classes or if fast enough in the Quick 8 class.

The 3rd generation DSM's most hardcore DSM guys don't even consider to be a real DSM as they have no AWD or 4g63 available. We sell no parts for them. We don't let them run in any class at the DSM Shootout.

In 2003 the EVO came out with the 4g63 again. We then renamed the DSM Shootout the DSM/EVO Shootout.

In the rules for the shootout it states that only 4g63 powered vehicles can run. This isn't something new to keep you NT Lancer guys out, it is just how we have done the shootout for the last 15 years.

I wasn't approached with allowing the NT Lancers to run. Since we sell parts for them I don't really have a problem with them coming and racing. I just need to re-word the rules to allow it.

I am not changing my mind because you came to EVOM and were a jerk callling me names for no reason. I am changing my mind because I never even considered the NT Lancers for the event and nobody asked me about them.

I'd like you to tell me why you needed to come here and slam me. I was nice to every single person I talked to yesterday and me doing that for an entire day is out of my element. Truth is yesterday was the most enjoyable Shootout I have had, very relaxed for me and it ran very smooth.

I am super busy at these races as I run, organize, write the rules and handle must about all of it. Maybe I didn't give you my undivided attention for 30 minutes, I don't know. I am waiting to find out though.

As for the NT Lancers. Hell yes, they should come to the shootout in August. If they are fast enough they can run the Quick 8 class and if not they are welcome to compete in the Bracket Classes.

Anyway, let me know how you formed this opinion of me yesterday, I'd like to know what I did wrong.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 16, 2005, 06:14 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I wonder how many times the evo could go back and forth on the track before i reached the end... that'd be funny to watch.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:17 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
In that thread, David says the 4G64, not the 4G94. Other than that, he just states that only certain cars are allowed in. And this morning, he added NT Lancers to the list.

I have a 4G94, and I was at the Shootout yesterday. (see picture below for proof)
Personal opinions aside, I will repeat exactly what I told David at the track yesterday:

Thank you for hosting the event. It was a great time.
I will attend the August shootout. If I'm allowed to run, that would be great. If not, I'll watch.

Also, I do hope that one individual's opinions do not alter the way you think of NOLC.
Attached Thumbnails Buscher's Aug 12-14 DSM shootout, no 4g94's allowed!-resized__dsc0139.jpg  

Last edited by Blacksheepdj; Apr 16, 2005 at 10:44 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:24 AM
Account Disabled

this thread sucks... y are u so mad at him because he is hosting an event that doesnt include us... so ***cin what...
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

I read somewhere about the list for the shootout it says all cars powered by mitsu...no matter the shelll...as long as it is mitsu powered....so...whatever
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

now he is trying to be a nice guy screw him
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

^cmon dont start that....the htread wasnt needed to begin with....

dont takes sides unless you know the whole story....
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

I'm sorry who is the moderator of Lancer general? I think this thread should be closed. This can be handled in PMs if need be and it just seems like there was a communication problem.

BTW: I just looked a the Buschur Lancer Catback... 315! I like the exhaust tip on it. And your SRI is cheaper than other's I've seen too... Why didn't I get your catback and sri??? doh! Now make me some headers for a good price and I'll buy them from you... haha...

Fox
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

^yea....i wish mods would do their f'n jobs around here
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Are there any mods in Lancer General? I haven't seen them around in a long time.

Fox
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

i guess not...im gonna go nominate you fox
Old Apr 16, 2005, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lookslikeanevo
i guess not...im gonna go nominate you fox
I was actually going to nominate you.

Fox

Quick Reply: Buscher's Aug 12-14 DSM shootout, no 4g94's allowed!