Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Dealing with your Dealer- Advice from a dealership tech.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2008, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they just said it was abuse i have only had the car for to months and i dont ever drive it unless its weekend cruzin usely i drive my pos cavalier that so far can take more that the lancer can
Old Oct 19, 2008, 01:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
get them to prove it was abuse by them taking out your trans and showing you a heat checked flywheel and burnt clutch.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 09:06 AM

My seatbelt sensor in my 08 Lancer GTS is messed up. It says I have a passenger in the seat that isn’t buckled in even with nothing in the seat. I took it into the dealer and they said that they don’t have a schematic for wiring and I need to bring it back. Charged me 110.00 to tell me that. Also tried to blame it on some interior lighting I had done. I called the guy who installed my lights 3 months ago and he said all the lighting is independent from the car. Its own switch, power source, wires. I have to take the car back and leave it for a day so they can figure out what’s wrong which will cost another 220.00 if they decide the lighting voided the warranty.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 09lancerGTS
i have a question i took my 2009 lancer gts in because it stoped going into first gear and would grind going into second down shifting i took it in and they said that its not covered under warranty and the car only has 4567 km on it what should i do ?
like are the trannys in 2009 lancers **** or something?
Any update on this?

Originally Posted by Rommel
My seatbelt sensor in my 08 Lancer GTS is messed up. It says I have a passenger in the seat that isn’t buckled in even with nothing in the seat. I took it into the dealer and they said that they don’t have a schematic for wiring and I need to bring it back. Charged me 110.00 to tell me that. Also tried to blame it on some interior lighting I had done. I called the guy who installed my lights 3 months ago and he said all the lighting is independent from the car. Its own switch, power source, wires. I have to take the car back and leave it for a day so they can figure out what’s wrong which will cost another 220.00 if they decide the lighting voided the warranty.
What kind of lighting? Do you have a picture?
Old Mar 27, 2009, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks... THIS IS SO USEFUL..!!

Question, I have a 09 GTS, if I installed some Stock EVO X parts into my car. Will that void my warranty..??

I had the Evo X hood installed, and thinking about the bumper kit from Ralliart, Steeling wheel from Evo X, HID from Ralliart...

Thanks !!
Old Apr 1, 2009, 11:10 PM
Evolving Member

great info, but what if i come in with a fully stock vehicle and a hole bunch of stickers saying how i drive fast and a big OFF ROADING RULES! lol, and all i have is a blown strut.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 05:37 PM

awesome info.

just in time for me to start shopping for a new car...
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:25 PM

This is great info. And I have a question for you.
I bring my car in for service on time every time to the dealer (I have the fidelity services, so it's free).
Well, beginning of this summer, I brought my car in and told them my ac was blowing hot air on the passenger side. They told me it was low on refrigerant, and thats it. I asked how it could be low, if there was a leak (it's an 08, it shouldn't be low..) and they said no, that just happens sometimes, and that usually when I bring it in for general maintenance, that "general maintenance includes adding minute amounts of freon". Still doesn't make sense why it was so low, but whatever.
Well, later my ac started making a horrible noise, and I brought it in again. This time they said that my blower motor was clogged, and that I need a new in cabin air filter. They also said that it showed "lack of maintenance" and that the blower motor won't be covered under warranty. But, as I've said before, I've been bringing it to the same dealership every time, and even when they did my 30,000 mile maintenance, they didn't mention anything being wrong with my ac unit.. at all. In fact, I wonder what else they skipped out on (didn't air up tires or reset service light, makes me nervous that those small things were overlooked. But thats another story for another time). But if this was part of general maintenance, which I've gone to them for, and it wasn't mentioned to me until it was too late, could that really be considered my fault?

PLUS yesterday I hooked gauges to my unit, and found not only is it low on refrigerant, but it has a leak in the high pressure drop valve! The dealership claimed they checked for leaks and didn't find any. How should I handle this?

I'm sure me being a chick doesn't help any of this situation. When I asked them how hard is it to get to the cabin filter, the service manager said "well, you have to take out the glove box and take apart the dash to get to it. We'll do it for $80.". I get home, and it takes me 2 seconds to get to it, and only had to take out the glovebox. Everytime I go in there they try to rip me off with stuff like that, or with the whole "trans. flush" thing.

Anyways, any advice on how to handle this? I can't seem to get any answers on whether the blower motor is covered or not anymore on the warranty, and whether it would be my fault for "lack of maintenance" if I've brought it to them for all of that and they failed to mention anything it needed until it was too late.
Thanks!! (and sorry this post was so long!)
Old Feb 10, 2010, 09:54 PM

I have a 2006 lancer ES and the door handles are lose on the outside is that covered on the bumper to bumper
Old Mar 21, 2010, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by adriantorres187
I have a 2006 lancer ES and the door handles are lose on the outside is that covered on the bumper to bumper

It should be... No reason for it to be falling off (of course assuming you are still within the 5yr/60k)...

This post is great BTW!!!
Old Mar 21, 2010, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up for this tech. Thanks for the very useful info.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 06:06 AM

Thanks for the info
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:14 AM

Thanks, this is some great info. Unfortunately though, I just got told that it would cost me just a little under A THOUSAND DOLLARS to fix something that I believe should be under warranty. On my 03 lancer, as well as every other persons lancer that I have encountered, I have the problem where the heater temperature dial is hard to turn. I am on my second lancer with the same exact problem. I called the dealer and they told me that I would not be covered under the regular warranty and the labor is $715. I am blown away by this figure. The Technical service bulletin is : TSB-05-55-003 just in case anyone wanted to reference it.

My two cents,
Noob
Old Jul 26, 2011, 07:08 PM

great stuff, thanks!
Old Jul 30, 2011, 08:01 PM

long but very informative. thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Dealing with your Dealer- Advice from a dealership tech.