Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Lancer radio wiring

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancer radio wiring

Help please if you can I would like the wiring diagram for the Lancer Steering wheel controls for the radio please.
I know what the wiring is at the steering wheel where does it go from steering wheel ? Yes it obviously goes to the radio but how thru what plugs and sockets
Thanks
Old Jun 14, 2019, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need to check

Originally Posted by ScrumpyJack
Help please if you can I would like the wiring diagram for the Lancer Steering wheel controls for the radio please.
I know what the wiring is at the steering wheel where does it go from steering wheel ? Yes it obviously goes to the radio but how thru what plugs and sockets
Thanks
If you need to know so you can connect it to an aftermarket radio, I can check what I did. It took me a while to get it right , but it ended up basically being the instructions online, but only slightly different. I’ll get back this weekend with the correct wires.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 04:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What year is your Lancer?

The steering wheel audio controls go through the same plug at the radio as power and speakers. It is two wires that will have different resistance across them depending on what button is pressed. In order to interface with these with an aftermarket stereo you'll need a module such as PAC SWI-RC.