Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

How much fluid does a CVT take?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2016, 04:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question How much fluid does a CVT take?

Hey guys I am new to the Lancer family. I just bought a 2012 Lancer Es for my wife as a new "family car" and there was some light transmission noise, so I checked the fluid and it was rather dark. I called the dealer ship and sure enough the warranty was up. But any ways I have been looking for how what and what kind i should be using. I plan on keeping this for a very long time so I looking for whats best. Lets start with the easy part. How much does it take? The owner manual says 7.5qt but from what I've seen online it seems 6-7qts. Also what kind should I be using? The book calls for diaqueen which is $20 at my local dealer. I have also seen a brand called Eneos? and one called Red Line? I found the Red line for $13.33 a qt which is much better then the $20. One last question, does the CVT transmission have a filter that I can/should change?
Thank you guys for all the help ahead of time.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 09:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I just ordered 8qts of Eneos CVT transmission fluid, just going off of other post I've found. Is there a filter I should also change? I know my Hondas have filters that you can't get to.
The following users liked this post:
eman_226 (Apr 25, 2017)
Old Apr 25, 2017, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman911x2
Well I just ordered 8qts of Eneos CVT transmission fluid, just going off of other post I've found. Is there a filter I should also change? I know my Hondas have filters that you can't get to.
how'd your tans oil change go ?