Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Can a Mitsubishi dealer restore to factory default an ETACS after a bad flash?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 08:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can a Mitsubishi dealer restore to factory default an ETACS after a bad flash?

Hi!

Long story short, yesterday night I have swapped my ETACS in order to have more options (previous was the original 8637A318 from my '08 ES which I swapped for a 8637A465 from a '09 GTS).

I fixed the "system error" in the cluster using ETACS Decoder to change the VIN of the "new" ETACS module. Everything was running smooth and all my settings were functionnal (fogs, hands free, keyless entry, doorlock, ABS, etc etc).

Fast forward to this afternoon: I stop by my local dealership to ask them if it was possible to flash an update on my ETACS because it's the one that had the "lights on" TSB or something. The guy did the update on the spot with his MUT-III, and I got the same "system error" on my cluster. I was happy thinking I would just get home, change the VIN and bingo ... oh was I wrong!

It seems like he didn't backup/restore the KON file of the ETACS because it throws error about the SRS and ABS system, my central locking system doesn't work anymore (door lock buttons and remote), bluetooth hands free module, fog lamps, etc. Basically, I am left with a car that has head and tail lamps, blinkers and power windows. Everything else is just not working right.

What I am wondering is if it is possible for them to "reload the factory settings" of that ETACS module according to the original VIN so I can start from scratch while it is in my car?

If anyone has some advice before I call them tomorrow it would be appreciated!

Thanksa