EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-general-9/)
-   -   "official" reason why there is no evo 8kit for 2002/3 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-general/104543-official-reason-why-there-no-evo-8kit-2002-3-a.html)

modelchris Oct 20, 2004 10:32 PM

"official" reason why there is no evo 8kit for 2002/3

I emailed Accolade body kits inquiring about an evo 8 kit for a 2002-2003 lancer. This is the bullsh*t reason they gave me for not designing an evo 8 kit for our lancer >

" Hi Sir Evo 8 kit cannot be designed to 2002 lancer as its total different chassis. "

regards
Christopher Peterson
Sales Division
www.body-kit.com
Accolade Composite Technologies
Sri Lanka

Phone [94] 77 7487160 ( 24 HRS Customer Service )
[94] 11 4833532 ( 00.00 + 6 GMT Colombo)
[94] 11 4832388 ( FAX )
E - mail : sales@body-kit.com
Official Web Site - www.body-kit.com

Viciouz Oct 20, 2004 10:42 PM

i thot that was true, cuz if u really look at the evo body shape and compare it to the lancer body shape, u'ld have to do a major MAJOR conversion for it...

CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG

StainlessJ Oct 20, 2004 10:55 PM

My thought is that if you wanted an EVO 8, you should have gotten it. Making your car look like it is like putting a coffee can on your exhaust.

kensuke Oct 20, 2004 11:23 PM

if you look at the lancers and evos though history, it's very obvious that each body style of evo has a coresponding lancer that it "evolved" from. if you take a good look at the 04+ lancer, it's not as hard to tell that it looks more like the evo 8.. as does the 02-03 look like the evo 7. even though both the evo 8 and 7 are of the ct9a body style, there are minor differences that make them look more or less "boxxy" (if you will) than the other. namely the wing and fb/bonnet combos.

imo, an evo 8 kit on a 02-03 wouldn't look as good as on an 04+, so it doesn't surprise me that the evo 8 kit is only for the 04. besides, it's not like 04 owners have an evo 7 kit option... and the 7 looks better than the 8 anyway :beer: :beer:

not flaming or attacking your thoughts on this at all.. just voicing my opinion. i know how everyone on here thinks you're arguing at the drop of a hat.

modelchris Oct 20, 2004 11:48 PM

all i'm saying is.. this: THey are a bodykit making company , correct?, They make custom bodykits to FIT certain cars, they made an evo 7 front end for a 2002-3 lancer, i'm saying they can make atleast an evo 8 front end? it shouldn't be that hard? I dont think it has sh*t t to do with chassis or whatever. C'mon. sure i know the differences b;/w the evo and uspec lancer, but good god people, they can custom make a evo 8 kit for us. i'll ask someone else..
-chris

Viciouz Oct 21, 2004 08:57 AM

it would be uncostly for them to make you a single body kit, that they wouldn't be able to sell to the rest of the people. Unless u paid them like 5000 to do it, then i am pretty shure they would do it. but how are lookign to put in for your own custom kit and expect to pay how much? 700 to 1000?. sounds like your demanding way to much from them. and plus their really isn't a huge demand for evo 8 kits for the 02-03 lancers

h8yourv8 Oct 21, 2004 09:03 AM

There already is an Evo 8 front bumper for the '02 '03. One of the cars on here has it and a few months ago someone offered to sell me one so I know they are made. Don't know who makes 'em though. Like Viciouz said, it wouldn't be smart for them to make it cause your one of the only 2 people that want that kit so it would cost them a fortune and they wouldn't make there money back. :)

RobertK Oct 21, 2004 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by h8yourv8
There already is an Evo 8 front bumper for the '02 '03. One of the cars on here has it and a few months ago someone offered to sell me one so I know they are made. Don't know who makes 'em though. Like Viciouz said, it wouldn't be smart for them to make it cause your one of the only 2 people that want that kit so it would cost them a fortune and they wouldn't make there money back. :)

I haven't ever heard of an evo8 front bumper for the 02-03 lancer.
wouldn't that be hard since the grill is part of the hood on our cars and the grill is part of the bumper on the evo 8s?

StainlessJ Oct 21, 2004 09:20 AM

Custom hood, custom bumper. It'd work.

h8yourv8 Oct 21, 2004 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by RobertK
I haven't ever heard of an evo8 front bumper for the 02-03 lancer.
wouldn't that be hard since the grill is part of the hood on our cars and the grill is part of the bumper on the evo 8s?

If I remember right, it used the Evo 7 hood

blacklancer03 Oct 21, 2004 09:28 AM

hey. ill be the guiniepig. im actually doin it. i started on the back. i got the rear evo bump and taillights.. and sleek concepts and design are goin to custom fab the rear quarter panels with the door piece too.. im gonna do the front too but have to save up a lil bit. i got a hood for it but the headlights are massively expensive. im gonna go with a bodykit bumper too.. either the R1Endurance accolade has or try and get ahold of a gialla hood. should be a fun project.

and the reason i didnt buy an evo in the first place is some of us dont have 35K to buy a car. im only 20. so i buy a reasonable priced car throw a couple Ks into it, throw on a good turbo and half the world will think i have a pretty cool 35K car. its not faking or posing.. its doing it the low budget way.

.L. Oct 21, 2004 09:41 AM

technically it can be made. its just like making any other type of bodykit style. i think accolade is not going to make it because they probably think it isnt going to sell. besides, with our headlights i dont think it'll look right. thats probably the reason no one makes it.

.L. Oct 21, 2004 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by blacklancer03
its doing it the low budget way.

actually its doing something unique and different...... at least thats the way most people see it {thumbup}

QtLancer Oct 21, 2004 09:58 AM

isnt there an evo 8 bumper out already that will fit right on to the 02/03 lancers? i swear i saw it already

.L. Oct 21, 2004 10:08 AM

^ i've seen it too. i'm pretty sure it was a picture of an overseas 02-03 lancer with the evo 8 bodykit. not sure what company made it though.