EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-general-9/)
-   -   Lighting problem (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-general/123546-lighting-problem.html)

Bella42382 Feb 18, 2005 05:05 AM

Lighting problem

I have a lighting problem that I want to see if anyone else has had. I didn't do a search because I gotta go to work so if this is a repost, forgive me.. I have been on the boards in awhile. Right now, I have a headlight out, a brake light out and a corner light out.. The headlight is the driver side one, which I have changed about 7 times, along with the harness. The passenger side headlight has only been changed once or twice. My brake lights have been changed 2 or 3 times and my corner lights have gone out probably 7 or 8 times. Anyone having this problem or does anyone know why? It is really irritating. I have 33k and this really is the only problem I am having with the car. :helpme:

Synter Feb 18, 2005 05:07 AM

are u shure u are putting the correct bulb's backin?

OZLancerlunatic Feb 18, 2005 05:11 AM

Has it been in an accident or anything? A wire might be clipped a bit and grounding itself out. Take it for warranty?

Al Banks Holla Feb 18, 2005 07:13 AM

I went through 4 passenger side headlights before the headlight wouldn't turn on anymore at all. It turned out that my headlight harness/relay was burned to a crisp and wasn't allowing and electrical current to come through. It smelled like burnt wiring. I went to the local auto store bought a new harness, connected the new wiring and I haven't had a problem since.

Bella42382 Feb 18, 2005 07:31 AM

I am pretty sure my boyfriend put in a new harness with new wiring.

Al Banks Holla Feb 18, 2005 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Bella42382
I am pretty sure my boyfriend put in a new harness with new wiring.

If that's the case, then you might want to check your fuses.

TeamAccolade Feb 18, 2005 02:42 PM

yeah, i lost power to the whole driverside. a neon shorted out and blew my driverside lighting fuse. in the process of checking fuses, i droped the ignition fuse... that sucked b/c the car was now dead... luckly my buddy was able to get my to the store... I found the ignition fuse on my garage floor a week later... but i burned up 4 driver's side lighting fuses b4 figuring out the problem.....

fatboyracing Feb 19, 2005 12:50 AM

well when i first started to read your post i was gonna say just check the fuses but since you replace the bulbs and it lights back up then its defenatly not them. i would say you have a short in the wire or a wire is cliped like ozlancerlunitac stated. i would say have somebody check it out or you could have a electrical fire start up and you dont want that . good luck hope everything turns out ok.
-jimmy